Corning Incorporated Supervisor, Tradeshows and Exhibits in Corning, New York
Supervisor, Tradeshows and Exhibits
- Please wait...
Date: Jul 7, 2019
Location: Corning, NY, US, 14830
Requisition Number: 37082
Corning is one of the world’s leading innovators in materials science. For more than 160 years, Corning has applied its unparalleled expertise in specialty glass, ceramics, and optical physics to develop products that have created new industries and transformed people’s lives.
Corning succeeds through sustained investment in R&D, a unique combination of material and process innovation, and close collaboration with customers to solve tough technology challenges.
Purpose of Position
Results-driven position with responsibility for the strategy and operations of Corning Incorporated’s Tradeshows, Exhibits & Design (TE&D) function. Position will work directly with leadership, business divisions, internal staff groups, customers and vendors to support their goals. Supervise and develop direct report staff member(s). Special projects, as assigned. Responsible for project management to plan and execute tradeshows.
• Lead and develop a high-performance tradeshow team to deliver quality services in support of company strategies and objectives.
• Manage strategic direction and operations of TE&D.
• Set business objectives, establish industry best practices, track and report per metrics performance.
• Perform as a high-performance individual contributor who can span team leadership, team player and individual contributor responsibilities.
• Supervise and develop direct reports (employee and/or contingent).
• Foster complex relationships and manage multiple customer and internal requests.
• Ability to prioritize projects, multi-task, take initiative and handle urgent requests on short notice.
• Plan and execute tradeshows in adherence with established policies and processes to meet customer requirements. Responsible for planning, onsite execution and post-event follow up. Scope includes contingency and risk assessment planning.
• Maintain tradeshow property inventory, manage warehouse requirements, plan and forecast exhibit materials to meet customer demand and tradeshow schedule.
• Possess technical ability to read and decipher tradeshow drawings, construct tradeshow booths from modular properties and understand technical requirements of product demonstrations.
• Partner with internal resources, such as Media Services, IT, Global Security, and external vendors/venues like exhibit houses and show service providers to deliver high-quality shows.
• Control department expense and capital budgets to deliver value for the company and customers.
• Oversee training program for TE&D team to ensure consistent service levels and skill competencies.
• Assess and maintain department policies and metrics program to drive continuous improvements in process efficiency and effectiveness.
• Develop professional working relationships with customer base and vendors.
• Work with internal procurement team to manage existing suppliers and negotiate contracts with variety of service vendors.
• Oversee Cvent program with resources and training that adds value to tradeshows services and meets customers’ expectations.
• Leverage department technology platforms (i.e. BOX, SharePoint) for tradeshow and department assignments.
Key Decision Areas
• Recruit, develop and align talent within function.
• Engage with key stakeholders to develop and deploy tradeshows.
• Design, develop and deploy tradeshows.
• Apply established processes and protocols.
• Determine resources necessary to complete projects.
• Practice fiscal responsibility.
• Identify and implement improvement opportunities.
• Strong leadership and supervisory skills
• Ability to develop and implement strategies
• Strong organizational skills, detail oriented
• Ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks
• Ability to make decisions
• Manage customers’ expectations and requests; be solutions oriented
• High level of integrity
• High degree of confidentiality
• Ability to work independently and with a team
• Ability to foster strong cross-functional relationships
• Ability to interact and communicate effectively with a diverse employee group and across all levels of management
• Excellent written and verbal communications skills
• Ability to adapt to constant change; flexible
• Strong project management skills
• Strong customer focus
• High degree of initiative
• Must be able to professionally handle stressful situations and meet deadlines
• Active listening
• Strong interpersonal skills
• Effective communications skills with leadership and diverse employee base
Hours of Work / Travel
• Extended work days, weekends and holidays may be required during peak tradeshow season (typically October through June)
• Travel to 3-8 tradeshows per year averaging 4-10 consecutive days at each
Education and Experience
• Bachelor’s Degree
• 5 or more years of tradeshow experience required
• 2 or more years of supervisory experience required
• Project management experience
This role does not support immigration sponsorship.
We prohibit discrimination on the basis of race, color, gender, age, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, or veteran status or any other legally protected status.
Nearest Major Market: Corning
- Please wait...
- Corning Incorporated Jobs