Suit-Kote Corporation Construction Materials Technician - First Shift in Cortland, New York
The successful candidate will be responsible for learning test methods, specifications, and reporting of findings related to various materials used in the day-to-day operations of the company. These will include but not be limited to asphalt binder, asphalt emulsions, aggregates, and bituminous mixtures. Candidate is also responsible for contributing to a safe, clean, and efficient workspace.
All specific tasks and safety concerns will be addressed during training.
This position is for first shift (7am-3:30pm with potential for overtime) and is considered full-time, but seasonal in nature with anticipated lay-off taking place from approximately October through March. Health insurance is still active during lay-off if minimum criteria for this is met. Site specific locations may have varying seasonal requirements that can extend or shorten these timeframes.
• Perform routine daily testing of materials
• Clear and concise reporting of all findings to immediate supervisor
• Maintain a clean and safe work environment
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed. You will be expected to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform other job-related duties as requested by your supervisor.
• Pass a pre-employment drug and alcohol screening
• Consent to a DMV license evaluation
• Attendance is “highly critical”
• Must be able to lift 50 pounds
• Must have or obtain an OSHA 10 Hour Safety Certificate
• Maintain strict adherence to the company health and safety protocols as well as company policies
• Observe and comply with necessary PPE requirements
• FLEXIBILTY- Overtime and weekend hours are likely throughout the season and may have minimal notice
• Associates degree in Engineering Science or Construction Technology
• Basic computer skills (Microsoft Office) are helpful
• Organization and time management skills
Suit-Kote offers competitive wages, paid time off, and a growth-oriented work environment. Medical and dental benefits as well as company-paid life insurance and 401(k) opportunities will be discussed with Human Resources personnel during the interview process.
Suit-Kote is an Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/ Female/ Disability/ Protected Veteran