Suit-Kote Corporation Mill Operator - Night Shift in Cortland, New York
The Night Mill Operator position is Seasonal, from April through October. Our facility supplies quality asphalt emulsion, polymer modified asphalt emulsions, technologies and services to our agency and contractor customers.
• Sample gathering of elevated-temperature materials (primarily asphalt) and asphalt emulsion
• Use of tools
• Operation of fork lift, tractor, or man-lift
• Visual tank gauging to verify automatic systems
• General plant cleaning
• Maintenance tasks and mechanical duties (pumps, valves, oil checks, etc.) Opening and closing of valves for production
• Truck loading and unloading
• Activities in elevated-height work area via stairs or ladders
• Paperwork involving basic math skills
• Must demonstrate a commitment to understanding and complying with all Federal, State, local and company regulations, policies, guidelines, and procedures.
• Willingness to obtain an OSHA 10 Safety Training Certificate
• Passing a pre-employment drug and alcohol screening and background check is required
• Mechanical skills
• Basic math and computer skills
• Previous/similar work experience is preferred
High School Diploma or equivalency
• Welding and electrical experience a plus
Suit-Kote offers competitive wages, paid time off, and a growth oriented work environment. We extend employer-paid medical and dental benefits, as well as company-paid life insurance to all full-time employees. Personnel are also eligible for participation in our 401k plan.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled