Six Flags Admissions Supervisor in Darien Center, New York
JOB PURPOSE: Lead and oversee the operations of the Front Gate, Seasons Pass and Guest Relations.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Ensure the safety of both guests and employees is the highest priority.
· Oversee the training of all Admissions and Guest Relations personnel as per the proper standard operating procedures.
· Communicate with Marketing and Public Relations regarding special groups, sales and promotions.
· Manage approximately 70 employees including the subordinate team lead while holding the leadership team accountable for the performance of the assigned team.
· Schedule employees in accordance with prescribed line schedules while ensuring that the scheduling of minors complies with all Federal and State labor laws.
· Be accountable for the labor budgets of the assigned area to help achieve division and park-wide budget objectives.
· Fill in the role of an Admissions Attendant, Parking Attndant or Guest Relations when needed.
· Audit assigned teams for attentiveness, interaction, cleanliness and uniform code, operation, and cell phone policy.
· Evaluate the performance of employees and team leads and provide feedback to promote growth and retention.
· Obtain and accurately report the park count hourly.
· Take immediate and decisive action to correct employees who are working at a substandard level and document substandard performance according to company/divisional discipline policies.
· Oversee the “Attention to Detail” program for assigned teams and ensure cleanliness in front-of-the-house, back-of-the-house, and fringe areas.
· Interpret and enforce all park and corporate policies as set forth by Darien Lake.
· Maintain reports, logs, and checklists while ensuring all forms are completed on-time, neatly and accurately.
· Respond to guest comments and resolve guest concerns in a friendly, non-offensive manner.
· Ensure employees immediately report all injuries to First Aid Department. Work with Safety to ensure that individuals are retrained when necessary to ensure safe practices are followed.
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS:
· Must be at least 18 years old.
· 2 years in Admissions/Seasons Pass and Guest Relations experience.
· Appreciation for the serious and safety critical nature of the responsibilities inherent in the job.
· For safety purposes, the individual must be able to communicate effectively in the English language, including the ability to read, speak, and understand the English language.
· Proven organization and time management skills.
· Must be able to operate a computer and read a computer screen, tablets and point of sale terminal.
· Ability to solve practical problems and interpret a variety of written and oral instructions.
· Strong communication skills, to include:
o Ability to write reports and counseling forms.
o Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, employees, guests, and the general public.
· Ability to achieve and maintain certification and trainer status on all rides and equipment in assigned areas.
· Strong motivational, leadership and team building skills.
· Ability to work a flexible schedule, including nights, weekends, holidays and a six-day workweek, as required.