Atlantic Nurseries, Inc Sales Associate/Horticulturist for Rewholesale Nursery in Dix Hills, New York
OPPORTUNITY FOR A QUALITY DRIVEN NURSERY SALES ASSOCIATE/HORTICULTURIST
Become a vital part of a team who loves to get the job done right!
You take pride in everything you do and so do we. Join Atlantic Nurseries’ dedicated team and grow with us in a cooperative environment where your ideas and skills are valued.
Atlantic Nurseries’ Sales Associates provide outstanding customer assistance to ensure the success of our customers.
Key Job Responsibilities:
• Assist customers with plant selection (hands on assistance at our nursery). Process orders via phone or email. Assemble orders for pick up. Finalize sales through POS system.
• Use your knowledge of plants and horticultural practices and products to provide outstanding, consistent and proactive customer assistance.
• Perform a broad range of tasks/projects such as plant care and maintenance, signage, receiving, inventory and general nursery duties. Responsibilities are diverse and vary depending on the season.
Requirements & Qualifications:
• Moderate to extensive knowledge of plants (annuals, perennials, shrubs, trees & native plants of the Northeast) and horticultural practices & products
• Minimum of 3 years of experience in the nursery/retail garden center/landscape industry or in a related field
• Associates degree in Horticulture or similar field is desirable, but not essential
• Intermediate proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite. POS systems experience a plus
• Excellent customer service & communication skills
• Team player who proactively supports all coworkers
• Ability to work well independently with a keen attention to detail
• Enjoy working outdoors in diverse weather conditions
• Able to perform all physical activities associated with nursery sales or production, including lifting 30 lbs