YMCA of Greater Rochester Leadership Counselor in Eagle Bay, New York
Eagle Bay, NY (http://maps.google.com/maps?q=265+Darts+Lake+Rd.+Eagle+Bay+NY+13331) • YMCA Camp Gorham
Works in the leadership programs ensuring proper supervision, safety and implementation of all aspects of the YMCA Camp Gorham’s Leadership programs including but not limited to TAG, CIT and TNT programs. Individual must follow an integrated program, which will stimulate campers to break down personal barriers and strive to attain self-set goals within the provided leadership programs. Greets everyone by name whenever possible. Extends thanks whenever appropriate. Makes relationship building the number one priority at all times. The positions is responsible for ensuring that the mission, purpose, image and core values or the YMCA of Greater Rochester is conveyed.
• Implements Camp Gorham leadership programs as outlined by camp administration.
• Responsible for all safety procedures.
• Consciously create a climate fostering the goals of the YMCA and Camp Gorham.
• To be fully engaged in all theme based events with regards to costumes and high levels of energy.
• To regularly lead songs and skits as required by program following Gorham’s song enthusiastic standards.
• To drive camp vehicles for camp programs whenever needed.
• To maintain a professional attitude at all times.
• Values camp supplies and keeps accurate inventory of all supplies within area ensuring program is always functional.
• Ensures all areas of camp are kept clean at all times by both leading and participating in regular cleaning duties including end of summer clean up.
• Will be assigned to kitchen work as needed.
• To promote the values of Caring, Honesty, Respect and Responsibility
• To carry out other duties as assigned to assure the overall success of the camp.
• Has the functional and technical knowledge and skills to do the job at a high level of accomplishment.
• Uses best practices, guidelines, and industry standards as a framework to improve performance.
• Demonstrates up-to-date knowledge and skills in technology associated with the job.
• Must be 19 years of age.
• Must have appropriate background and training in program area (to be determined by Program Director)
• Must have current Wilderness First Aid Certification
• Current certification in Standard First Aid and CPR for the Professional Rescuer required; certifications must be valid/current throughout the duration of your seasonal employment before the first day of staff training.
• Current certification in Waterfront Lifeguarding recommended.
• Full clean drivers’ license recommended.
• Excellent communication skills
• Person must possess values consistent with the mission of the YMCA.
• Must sign and demonstrate the YMCA of Greater Rochester’s Staff Pledge.
• Ability to visibly observe children.
• Ability to stand for an extended period of time.
• Ability to lift up to 40 lbs and transport equipment from one location to another.
• Ability to demonstrate and lead activities.
• Ability to communicate with parents and children effectively.
• Ability to hear distress signals even when distracted by noise and activity.
• Ability to reason, solve problems and make sound decisions even when distracted by noise and activity.
• Ability to work in a variety of environments, specifically those subject to extreme heat and humidity.
• Observe and promote safety and security procedures.
• Physically and mentally able to respond to emergencies and administer CPR and First Aid effectively.
The YMCA of Greater Rochester provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.