Moog Inc Engineer, Project in East Aurora, New York
Imagine a working environment where people trust each other to achieve exceptional things.
Imagine a business that employs over ten thousand of the world's most sought-after engineers and technologists.
Imagine an enterprise where a belief in personal accountability continues to drive groundbreaking innovation and global growth.
This is the reality of Moog - and you can be part of it.
As a Project Engineer in Moog's Aircraft Test Equipment Group, this position is the point of contact for technical communications with Moog's customers. They will work to meet the quality (customer requirements), schedule and cost for the program. The Project Engineer is a key contributor to the analysis, conceptual design, development, and testing of complex control hardware used on military, commercial vehicles and equipment. Create reliable designs through a comprehensive experimental development test program.
The incumbent will coordinate the work of drafters, technicians, design analysts, manufacturing engineers and others who assist in specific assignments as needed. The project engineer will validate conceptual problem solutions by performing trade studies and analyses.
What you can expect day-to-day:
The Project Engineer is a key contributor to the analysis, conceptual design, development, and testing of complex control hardware used on military, commercial vehicles and equipment. The products of Moog generally are unique for each customer. Therefore, most new applications require a special, tailored design, even though adaptation of existing designs always should be considered where appropriate. The Project Engineer generally will operate as part of a design/development team, which includes other Department engineers with his/her primary concern being system or component performance and integration. The incumbent will coordinate the work of drafters, technicians, design analysts, manufacturing engineers and others who assist in specific assignments as needed.
In the early stages of a new program, the project team will consult with the customer, establish the problem statement, conceive of potential hardware solutions to the problem, often through extensive trade studies, and then create a successful technical proposal. This phase is critical in that it establishes the basis for future design, and for contract negotiations. Under the technical direction of the Section Head or the team's lead engineer, the Project Engineer will then guide the evolution of the conceptual design, technical project planning, detail design, and development testing. This requires frequent travel and the organization of presentations to customers.
* Contribute to the development of new product requirements through consulting with customers and sales personnel
* Validate conceptual problem solutions by performing trade studies and analyses
* Be a key contributor to the preparation of successful proposal designs, cost estimates, and technical volume write ups
* Operate as a key element in a team of creative, independent individuals
* Represent Moog in a manner consistent with its technical reputation
* Create reliable designs through a comprehensive experimental development test program
* Document designs, analyses, and test results with accurate and concise reports
* BS Degree preferably in Mechanical, Aeronautical or Electrical Engineering with six years of design/development engineering experience
* Seasoned knowledge of closed loop control systems, mechanical hardware designs, and good communication skills are also necessary
* MS Degree, preferably in Mechanical, Aeronautical or Electrical Engineering plus three years of design/development engineering experience
* Fulfill the demands of design and development of new products the individual must have self starting instincts and strong analytical skills
Life at Moog YouTube Video - http://bit.ly/2ZIJKYN
Moog Inc. is an EOE/AA Minority/Female/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Disability/Veteran