Inficon Mechanical Engineer Internship Summer 2022 in East Syracuse, New York
**Req Number:** MECHA002087
**Job Type:** Full-Time
**Location:** East Syracuse, NY, United States
INFICON is a growing, global, leading provider of innovative technologies that enhances productivity and quality in sophisticated industrial processes. The products provided by INFICON are world-class instruments for gas analysis, measurement, and control and are vital to manufacturers and end-users in the complex fabrication of semiconductors and thin film coatings for optics, flat panel displays, solar cells, and industrial vacuum coating applications. INFICON is headquartered in Switzerland and has world-class manufacturing facilities in Europe, the United States and China with subsidiaries located throughout the world. This position will be located at INFICON's U.S. headquarters in East Syracuse, NY. For more detailed information about INFICON, please visit our website at www.inficon.com.
INFICON is not providing sponsorship.
This role is a developmental role and you will be mainly responsible for supporting current product modifications and improvements based on in-service needs and market strategy. You will also be involved in design and development of new ideas and solutions for new product development. You will work closely with a team of engineers, scientists, operations, advanced procurement, and marketing personnel.
Specific duties include, but are not necessarily limited to:
- Support and troubleshoot manufacturing, quality and supply chain related product issues
- Design solutions that are manufacturable, serviceable, and reliable using Siemens NX software
- Involved in the design and development of complex scientific instrumentation products
- Create or modify detail drawings, assembly drawings, and bills of materials for complex systems
- High School Diploma
- Active student with two years of Mechanical Engineering or Mechanical Engineering Technology study at an accredited college or university
- Must possess a working knowledge in a 3-D modeling software
- General knowledge of mechanical engineering design principles, practices, and methods
- General knowledge of manufacturing techniques (subtractive and additive mfg; turning, coatings, milling, EDM, welding, sheet metal forming and joining, metal tube bending), and industry standards
- Must be able to work well in cross-functional teams and have excellent interpersonal skills
- Must have passion, self-motivated, great attention to detail, ability to multitask, and enthusiasm for learning
- Knowledge in Finite Element Analysis; thermal and/or structural analyses
- Previous experience with high precision design
**COMPENSATION & BENEFITS:**
Compensation will be commensurate with experience including a competitive base salary, bonus opportunity, competitive benefits package, and relocation assistance.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c) !(https://analytics.click2apply.net/v/aQ7lEZcy7jkNTKLwu8qyd)