SGSS US Part-time Industrial Hygiene Laboratory Technician in East Syracuse, New York
SGS is the global leader and innovator in inspection, verification, testing and certification services. Founded in 1878, SGS is recognized as the global benchmark in quality and integrity. With over 97,000 employees in 130 countries and operating a network of more than 2,400 offices and laboratories, we provide services to almost every industry by assuring quality and safety of products and services.
Trusted all over the world, SGS is a market leader because we put 100% passion, pride and innovation into everything we do. We encourage new ideas. We welcome people who challenge the way we do things. And we will be 100% committed to helping you reach your full potential.
SGS Galson, a world leader in industrial hygiene analysis and monitoring solutions, is celebrating its 45th year of serving the industrial hygiene professionals. We specialize in working with occupational health, safety and environmental professionals in selecting the most effective means to obtain data to protect people from hazardous exposures. There are approximately 130 people as part of SGS Galson and nearly all work out of the Syracuse location. Click on the following link to learn more about SGS Galson,
SGS Galson is looking for a **Lab Technician**to join their team.This is a **part-time, seasonal position** based out of our East Syracuse, NY laboratory. You will be trained in one or several departments throughout the laboratory. This position will build on your science education, and through hard work, will advance your skill set by gaining non-academic laboratory experience. **We are looking for candidates to start as soon as possible and work until around September 1, 2022.**
- You have received a minimum of a High School diploma or GED.
- You possess exceptional communication and organization skills.
- You are seamlessly ability to multi-task and juggle competing priorities.
- You have an excellent ability to problem solve and troubleshoot issues.
- You can sit, stand and/or walk for up to 4 hours at a time.
- You can handle delicate samples, equipment and/or small tools.
- You have an ability to perform repetitive movements.
- You can lift, carry, push or pull up to 30 pounds regularly and up to 50 pounds occasionally.