Torrey Farms, Inc Farmworker and Laborer in Elba, New York
33 Fulltime H-2A Seasonal Jobs available 6/24/2019-12/25/2019.
Sort, push, dump, clean, grade, pack, stack fresh market cabbage, squash, cucumbers to customer standards and as directed by management. Will fold, assemble and move containers. Will clean product waste from packing areas and lines. Weed, thin plants by hand or hoe as directed by supervisor.
Will drive bus to transport workers to work location. Not all workers will be requested to drive. Those that are requested to drive are required to possess appropriate license. No one will be rejected for the position that does not possess a driver's license.
* Three months experience in commercial conventional farming in the jobs listed is required.
* Random drug and alcohol testing may be done, if required by government regulation, post-hire at the employer's expense.
* Driver requirements
* Lifting requirement of 60 lbs.
* Repetitive movements, extensive pushing / pulling, extensive walking and frequent stooping
* Exposure to extreme temperatures
Entire job duty description (ETA 790 and Spanish translation) should be reviewed and provided to qualified applicants from the NYSDOL website at http://labor.ny.gov/careerservices/h2a_orders.shtm.