Posillico Civil, Inc. Engineering Internship - Summer 2022 in Farmingdale, New York
Posillico is Building for Generations.
Posillico is a multi-disciplined and diversified construction company. Along with our Civil /foundation group, Posillico’s business units include Wastewater Division, Environmental Division, Utilities Division, Drilling Division, Paving Division, Posillico Consulting LLC, Posillico Developmental LLC, and Posillico Materials, LLC. These companies give Posillico the unequalled, leveraged experience required to complete complex structural and geotechnical projects successfully in the Tri-State area.
Posillico empowers a “people first, think safety” culture throughout our organization. This “people first” culture has helped to promote and maintain an excellent record of accomplishment. Posillico has an exceptional safety program coupled with proactive employees throughout its management and union staff. We offer all employees an excellent opportunity to be part of our developing business at Posillico, as we set the standards for excellence in the construction industry with our integrated solutions.
Our company mission is to complete all our projects safely, on time, on target and on budget while having a positive impact in the community.
Follow us at… Facebook Instagram LinkedIn
The objective of the Engineering Intern is to prepare for the construction industry. This is accomplished through field and office experiences working alongside Civil, Mechanical and Environmental Engineers in a dynamic hands-on program.
• Assist and prepare in giving Tool Box Safety Talks, Daily Safety Huddles and maintain records
• Assist in One Call Center requests to ensure no utilities are damaged during construction activities
• Maintain a retrievable filing system for the Hazardous Communication Program - MSDS
• Maintain the Project Safety Manual, make periodic jobsite safety inspections and record file all findings
• Perform daily Quantity Review with Superintendent and Job Foreman
• Enter daily quantities into system and file daily sheets
• Track completion of work on project plans
• Perform monthly review of estimates with job Superintendent
• Notify Project Manager or Area Manager of anticipated overruns/under runs
• Maintain General correspondence file with correspondence log
• Maintain Shop Drawing Log
• Maintain Subcontractor daily log
• Maintain Delivery log
• Accurately track Asphalt and other major materials that are delivered
Certified Payroll, EEO, Trainee Reports:
• Track all subcontractors that worked on the project for the month utilizing the Subcontractor daily log.
• Enter daily payroll information by specific task and assist in productivity tracking
• Maintain Job Records
• Track Job Codes using Phase Code System
• Maintain the Request for Information (RFI) to the owner
• Assist in the purchase of job materials to ensure the proper quantities are delivered
• Assist in estimating additional work
• Review project plans and assist in ensuring work in completed properly
• Assist in developing project look-ahead schedules
To Qualify for Internship:
Enrolled in Civil, Mechanical or Environmental Engineering program
Interest in heavy construction such as site-work, roads or environmental
Requisition ID: 2021-1032
External Company Name: Posillico Civil, Inc.
External Company URL: www.posillicoinc.com
Street: 1750 New Highway