Vicar Operating, Inc. D/B/A "VCA" Veterinary Assistant in Farmingdale, New York
**Join The VCA Nassau Suffolk Animal Hospital Team!**
VCA Nassau Suffolk is seeking a full time Veterinary Assistant to join our 4-doctor, AAHA accredited, full service hospital in Farmingdale, NY. We have served the community for over 30 years and we support and encourage each team member to grow professionally and personally. We have a unique culture in our hospital that values each person's individual skill and personality. There's something special about you and we are excited to learn more!
**Why Join the VCA Family?**
We are passionate about supporting our veterinary assistants and technicians and are committed to your continuing education and personal career development. At VCA Animal Hospitals, we are committed to equity, inclusion, and diversity and strive to be a place where a talented mix of people want to come, stay, and do their best work. We support a work environment where you can focus on your career, happiness, and the patients you serve.
Some of the benefits we offer:
- Access to the people and financial resources of a large veterinary community
- Growth & leadership opportunities
- Career development programs
- Veterinary Technology degree tuition support and scholarships
- Veterinary Technician license reimbursement
- Medical, dental & vision insurance
- Generous hospital discounts and product discounts
- Employer-paid life, long- and short-term disability insurance
- Paid vacation and sick time
- Paid parental leave
- Free mental health resources and wellness subscriptions (Headspace)
- Referral bonuses
- Competitive wage
- Opportunities to give back through strong Shelter partnerships and VCA Charities
- Full-time and Part-time positions available
**Why We Want You**
As a member of the VCA team, you will help create and maintain a positive, low-stress atmosphere for our clients and patients. Your mission will be to win the confidence of every pet parent-by delivering an outstanding client experience-so we can provide exceptional care to every patient.
Whether you are a seasoned Veterinary Assistant or a Technician in training, we want you to use the knowledge that you've invested your time and talent in. The skills that will be utilized include, but are not limited to:
- Compassionate patient care
- Client education and care
- Pharmacy and medication administration
- Lab sample collection and processing
- Diagnostic imaging
- Surgical preparation and assisting
- Anesthesia monitoring
- Medical recordkeeping
Ready to grow with a collaborative and supportive team? Apply now- We look forward to hearing from you!
At VCA we are committed to diversity, equity and inclusion and want to be a place where a diverse mix of talented people want to come, stay and do their best work. Equal Opportunity Employer Veterans Disabled.