T.Webber Plumbing, Heating, Air & Electric Bookkeeping & Payroll Assistant in Fishkill, New York
If you’re a hard-working administrative professional with an inner drive to improve yourself and help others then you might be a fit for us…
Along with the job-specific qualifications (below) here are the qualities we’re looking for in our perfect candidate:
- You work hard and are willing to do whatever it takes to get the job done
- You love working with a team
- You love to challenge yourself and you want to learn, and even be cross-trained JOB DESCRIPTION: Administrative Clerk - Bookkeeping & Payroll
In your role, you provide administrative support to the Bookkeeping and Payroll department. One minute you may be reviewing time sheets, entering data for payroll reports or reviewing purchase order information for our warehouse. The next, you could be reviewing daily invoices, reporting on departmental KPIs, and completing job costing for both large and small jobs. The work is complex, challenging, and ever-changing and that’s exactly what you want! At the end of the day you wrap up your work, confident that you gave your very best, and you have the satisfaction of knowing that the team was counting on you to complete your work and you did it with excellence.
Daily Job Duties:
- Accounts Receivable: You assist with A/R by auditing invoices, preparing billing reports, contacting customers to collect unpaid balances and assisting in whatever capacity is required.
- Accounts Payable: Assist with all phases of Accounts Payable - negotiating pricing with vendors, working to ensure bills are paid promptly and tracked appropriately.
- Administrative: Complete data audits on invoices to ensure proper reporting, support our Accounting Manager and Staff Accountant with administrative projects as needed.
Payroll: Assist with the timely processing of payroll, including verifying hours worked, job costing and processing job splits, calculating tech bonuses and reporting to Frontline Managers in a timely manner to ensure overtime is kept to a minimum. Job Requirements:
You’re organized, efficient, and accurate: You understand that organization, efficiency, and accuracy will ensure the successful completion of your work.
- You understand basic bookkeeping principals: You have a background in bookkeeping or knowledge of basic AP/AR principals. You are detail orientated and able to work around excel, QuickBooks, and can easily learn other necessary software platforms.
- You’re a professional: You possess excellent interpersonal skills and can confidently and clearly interact with anyone. You are comfortable on the phone, and have no issues calling customers, vendors, or co-workers.
You're a hard worker & comfortable with change: You are willing to get your hands dirty and work hard to ensure the job is done correctly and on-time. Working for a small, growing company you will wear many hats - and must be comfortable with change. Why Work for T.Webber:
Paid holidays and vacation
- 401(k) retirement plans with company match
- Excellent benefits including Medical/Dental/Vision with significant company contributions
- Life Insurance and Long Term Disablity
- Regular company meetings & seasonal social events (Christmas parties, Family BBQs, etc)
- A clearly laid out path to build the life-long career you want to build (including paid education and opportunities to advance)