NYU Langone Health System Athletic Trainer - Rusk Rehabilitation at NYU Langone - Garden City - Per Diem in Garden City, New York
NYU Langone Hospital-Long Island is a 591-bed university-affiliated medical center, which offers sophisticated diagnostic and therapeutic care in virtually every specialty and subspecialty of medicine and surgery. We are a major regional healthcare resource with a deep commitment to medical education and research, offering a full complement of inpatient and outpatient services. At NYU Langone Health, equity, diversity, and inclusion are fundamental values. We strive to be a place where our exceptionally talented faculty, staff, and students of all identities can thrive. We embrace diversity, inclusion, and individual skills, ideas, and knowledge.For more information, go to, and interact with us on,,,Facebook,Twitter,YouTubeandInstagram.
We have an exciting opportunity to join our team as a Athletic Trainer - Rusk Rehabilitation at NYU Langone - Garden City - Per Diem.
In this role, the successful candidate Under the supervision of a physician, performs the following functions regarding athletic injuries/ illnesses: prevention, assessment, treatment (including first aid and emergency care) and reconditioning, as set forth by the Board of Certification. Assesses data reflective of the athlete status and interprets the appropriate information for maximum physical fitness for participation in athletic competition and activities.
- Performs initial on-field assessment of acute injuries illnesses that occur during game(s) or practice(s). Provides first-aid and triage in connection with an athlete's injury/illness, as necessary. Monitors these injuries/illnesses and coordinates training, follow-up, and evaluation programs. Assists athletes in implementing a home exercise program as prescribed by their physician, or physical therapist as requested.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Clinic Duties: performs Biodex testing for concussed individuals referred by physicians and performs "Return to Play" protocol for patients returning from a concussion.
- Works closely with members of the community to provide educational opportunities. Acts as an extension of NYU Winthrop, through branding and name recognition, by discussing our services.
- Reliability in following through with assignments on schedule, adheres to proper work schedule, reports for event coverage and meetings at designated time, gives proper notice of absences and lateness, accepts policies and their modifications and willing to cover sporting events after hours, if needed.
- Advises on the design and implementation of injury prevention, conditioning and fitness programs for athletes pursuant to physician order and supervision, as necessary and in accordance with applicable law.
- Provides advice to athletes, parents, and coaching staff regarding injury prevention, health and wellness and flexibility training. Assists in the preparation, selection, and fitting of protective equipment and pre-injury screening. Participates in pre-season parent/coaches meetings.
- Assists school district with the implementation and yearly re-evaluation of school athletic policies, such as EAP's, Concussion Management and Standing Orders. Work in coordination with CMO, School Nurse and AD pertaining to the health and wellness of student athletes. Provide proper documentation through the use of EMR, and maintains confidentiality of athletic injury/illness information.
To qualify you must have a Bachelor's Degree in Athletic Training from an Accredited Athletic Training Program (CAATE) Required. Current and valid NYS Department of Education Athletic Training License Required. Certification through the Athletic Training Board of Certification (BOC) Required. CPR and AED Certification Required. Strong communication (both oral and written) and interpersonal skills Required. Ability to work independently, interact with, and communicate effectively with athletes, parents, coaching staff, school administrators, etc. Required. Ability to effectively manage emergency situations relevant to the position. Knowledge of the principles of growth and development over the life span Required. Basic computer skills including MS Office Required.. Required Licenses: Athletic Trainer Lic - NYS, Ntl Athlet Trns Assoc Brd Cert
Master's Degree in Athletic Training, Health Science, Exercise Physiology, or related field Preferred. Concussion Management Certification Preferred. 1-2 years in Interscholastic or intercollegiate sports programs Preferred.
Qualified candidates must be able to effectively communicate with all levels of the organization.NYU Langone Hospital-Long Island provides its staff with far more than just a place to work. Rather, we are an institution you can be proud of, an institution where you'll feel good about devoting your time and your talents.NYU Langone Hospital-Long Island is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversity and inclusion in all aspects of recruiting and employment. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity or expression, sex, sexual orientation, transgender status, gender dysphoria, national origin, age, religion, disability, military and veteran status, marital or parental status, citizenship status, genetic information or any other factor which cannot lawfully be used as a basis for an employment decision. We require applications to be completed online.
If you wish to view NYU Langone Hospital-Long Island's EEO policies, please . Please to view the Federal "EEO is the law" poster or visit https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm for more information.
NYU Langone Health provides a salary range to comply with the New York City Law on Salary Transparency in Job Advertisements. The salary range for the role is $45.00 - $45.00 Hourly. Actual salaries depend on a variety of factors, including experience, specialty, education, and hospital need. The salary range or contractual rate listed does not include bonuses/incentive, differential pay or other forms of compensation or benefits.
To view the Pay Transparency Notice, please
NYU Langone Medical Center is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversity and inclusion in all aspects of recruiting and employment. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, religion, creed, disability, military and veteran status, genetic information or any other factor which cannot lawfully be used as a basis for an employment decision.
Minimum Salary: 45.00 Maximum Salary: 45.00 Salary Unit: Hourly