Miller & Milone PC Medical Appeals Specialist in Garden City, New York
The Medical Appeals Specialist supports the Firm by reviewing insurance claims denied for payment on behalf of our client hospitals. Working closely with nurses and other team members, the Medical Appeals Specialist creates appeal letters in support of claim payment.
- Review denied insurance claims
- Review patients' medical files
- Develop strategies to reverse claim denials
- Create written appeals
- Manage and organize appeal workflow based on internal, client-based, and insurance-driven deadlines
- Must be able to prioritize workload based on strict deadlines
- Must be a strong, effective writer
- Must possess a high level of reading comprehension and ability to analyze medical information and terminology
- Medical or Biology background a plus
Why Apply to Miller & Milone P.C.
- Summer hours every Friday from June through August
- Corporate discounts on MS Office Suite, movie and theater tickets, travel, hotels, and gym memberships!
- Team-building activities, Book & Movie Club, and more!
- Competitive Benefits, Paid Time Off, 401(k) Savings Plan, and Flexible Spending and Dependent Care Accounts
To apply go to their Career Page - https://chj.tbe.taleo.net/chj04/ats/careers/searchResults.jsp?org=MILLMILO&cws=1 or send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
For those applying via e-mail, please state in the subject line the position to which you are applying and indicate "DOL" so that they know you were referred by our organization.