Adidas America Store Manager - adidas - Roosevelt Field 6543, Garden City, NY in Garden City, New York
Store Manager - adidas - Roosevelt Field 6543, Garden City, NY
At adidas we have been challenging the status quo for 70 years and we’re not done yet.
We are calling all Store Leaders who don’t accept what “was” or what “is,” but those who want to create what will be, and who share our desire to make a difference. We believe sport has the power to change lives. To bring this mission to life we foster a culture centered on creativity, confidence, and collaboration, and while we will never rest on our laurels, we are humbled that this has allowed us to be recognized as one of the “world’s most attractive employers.”
We also understand that the future runs on diverse and fresh perspectives. True to this spirit, we believe in assembling talented teams from far and wide and unite by a common goal: to be the best sports company in the world. As an international company with over 55 thousand employees and over 160 retail stores across the U.S. alone, adidas employees are exposed to different cultures, languages, and life experiences, which we believe is the fastest way to grow. The future is in your hands.
We could list tired, old bullet points about Store Leader tasks but we’re confident you already know that. Here’s a bit about the kind of leaders we look for:
Creators- If you want to build a tomorrow better than the day that came before, you’re a creator Creators find inspiration in unlikely places, look at the world in their own unique way, are confident and have an uncanny ability to connect dots that others just don’t see.
Innovators - You can dive into a complex problem and come out the other end with the simple solution no one else saw coming.
Confident - Be bold and bring a fresh perspective to the table. It’s the people who see the world a little differently than the rest that create the breakthroughs that inspire us all.
Determined - Never settle. Our work space is about discovery. Competition exists...but only by competing with your personal best, not your team members. Discover your boundaries and push them. Discover your team’s strengths and build them.
Collaborators – You thrive on building relationships and creating partnerships to help us be the best sports brand in the world.
Genuine - Be real. Tell it how it is. Being a leader isn’t about winning a popularity contest. Being a leader is about inspiring others to be their very best!
Ready to apply? Here’s what you need to know:
• Must possess and consistently exhibit the competencies relative to the position
• Excellent Skills in operating personal computers, POS systems, and various software packages including MS office.
• Knowledge and understanding of profit and loss statement and store KPIs to make commercial decisions based on sound financial judgment.
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills including the ability to lead discussions in diverse groups of varying size.
• Excellent time management and problem solving skills as well as the ability to use good judgment and make strong independent decisions.
• Demonstrates an inspirational attitude that contributes to a positive team environment.
• Ability to build and maintain effective working relationships with team members along with willingness to set and maintain high standards of performance.
• Well developed ability to speak, read, comprehend, and write English.
• Ability to maintain reliable and consistent attendance and punctuality.
• Ability and willingness to travel by car and air domestically.
• While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to sit; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl, and operate a Brannock device.
• The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
• Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, and ability to adjust focus.
• Ability to work for long periods of time, typically 10-12 hours per day during peak seasonal periods.
• Must be 18 years or older.
4 year college or university degree in business, retail management, or related field or equivalent combination of education and experience
Minimum 18 months experience working in a sports/fashion customer & commercial focused retail environment with a minimum 12 months of Store Management experience.
Why adidas? Here’s just some of the rewards:
A generous Benefits Package which includes:
Medical, Dental, Vision and Prescription Drug benefits.
401(k) Retirement Savings, including an employer match.
Flexible Paid Time Off and 6 paid holidays per year.
Up to 12 weeks of paid Parental Leave for eligible employees.
Education assistance program, available upon hire.
A generous Employee Discount.
adidas participates in E-Verify. For more information, visit https://www.uscis.gov/e-verify .
At adidas we have a winning culture. But to win, physical power is not enough. Just like athletes our employees need mental strength in their game. We foster the athlete‘s mindset through a set of behaviors that we want to enable and develop in our people and that are at the core of our unique company culture – the 3Cs: CONFIDENCE, COLLABORATION and CREATIVITY.
CONFIDENCE allows athletes to make quick decisions on the field, to reach higher. For us at adidas confidence means acknowledging that we don’t have all the answers. But we are willing to take risks, we try new things. And if we fail, then this is part of our learning – it helps us improve.
COLLABORATION . Every elite athlete relies on partners: coaches, teammates, and nutritionists. We, too, know that we are stronger together. Winning as one team takes open and candid dialogue, inclusiveness and trust in each other’s abilities and talents.
Being the best sports company in the world takes CREATIVITY . No great athlete succeeds by copying their predecessors’ training plans and strategies. We have to be open to new ideas, explore, gain an edge and stand out. Only then can we succeed.
adidas celebrates diversity, supports inclusiveness and encourages individual expression in our workplace. We do not tolerate the harassment or discrimination toward any of our applicants or employees. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Job Title: Store Manager - adidas - Roosevelt Field 6543, Garden City, NY
Location: Garden City
TEAM: Retail (Store)
Contract Type: Full time
Date: Feb 5, 2021
- Adidas America Jobs