Charlotte Tilbury Counter Manager, Bloomingdale's Roosevelt Field in Garden City South, New York
The Cosmetic Counter Manager is responsible for supervising the complete operations of the cosmetics line to ensure a high level of productivity and customer satisfaction through extensive product knowledge and demonstrating exceptional Selling Skills. The associate is also responsible for fulfillment and performing other duties as necessary.
All hourly associates are eligible to receive a quarterly bonus incentive, colleague discounts and the opportunity to be a part of an iconic brand. Certain criteria must be met to receive the quarterly bonus incentive.
• Be proficient in POS and MPOS systems including Search and Send, and B*connected
• Proactive in engaging the customer in using devices and technology to enhance the shopping experience.
• Assist customers in all aspects of total store fulfillment and have the ability to satisfy the needs of our digital and physical customers by making appropriate partnerships when necessary.
• Provide an exceptional customer experience by ensuring the customer is always the priority
• Drive top line sales by consistently demonstrating exceptional Selling Skills
• Acknowledge customers in a friendly and helpful manner upon their entry into the area
• Assist Beauty Advisor in converting potential return into a sale through courtesy and professionalism
• Partner with Sales Staff to complete sales and add on items to increase IPT
• Assist in training, coaching, motivating, and developing new and incumbent associates on company policies and procedures, product knowledge, and department productivity goals
• Review and analyze business performance of daily, weekly, monthly, seasonal, and annual sales results
• Review advertising calendar and ensure proper execution of events
• Ensure accuracy of promotional presentation; communicate advertising and events information to associates
• Assist in the coordination of operational tasks as required such as, putting out new merchandise, sales & event set-up & damages
• Ensure timely processing of new receipts, damages, testers, and return to vendors through delegation to self and staff
• Develop and implement business driving events to achieve department goals
• Supervise proper presentation, organization, storing, and replenishment of stock
• Sell merchandise through effective customer service techniques and professional selling skills
• Communicate regularly with vendors, planners, distributors, and buyers regarding stock needs, customer preferences, & special events
• Develop a repeat-business customer base in order to regularly communicate: upcoming events, new merchandise receipts and product replenishment to increase incremental sales
• Participate in physical inventory process
• Demonstrate a professional, can-do attitude
• Maintain high customer readiness standards: deliver a clean, neat and easy-to-shop store environment
• Adhere to Asset Protection and inventory control and compliance procedures
• Ensure shortage prevention initiatives are executed
• Perform these functions in an efficient manner, as directed by the Supervisor
• Regular, dependable attendance and punctuality
• Perform other duties as necessary
• High School degree or equivalent.
• A minimum of one year of previous selling experience is required, preferably in cosmetics.
• Previous supervisory is also preferred.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Ability to interpret instructional documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
• Basic math functions such as addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division.
• Able to use a calculator.
• Able to work independently and as part of a team.
• Must have good time management skills
• This position involves constant moving and standing.
• Involves standing for at least two consecutive hours.
• Involves lifting at least 30 lbs
• May occasionally involve reaching above eye level, stooping, kneeling, crouching, and climbing ladders.
• Involves close vision, color vision, depth perception, and focus adjustment
• Superior organizational and time management skills.
• Must be able to multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
• Must be able to build relationships and influence others.
• Must possess a thirst for knowledge.
• Must be able to lead by example.
• Ability to collaborate and function as a member of a team.
• Must possess a strong sense of urgency
• Should be comfortable with the use of computers and frequent use of RF equipment.
• Flexible with scheduling and available to work retail hours, which may include day, evening, weekends, and/or holidays based on department and store/company needs.
This job description is not all inclusive. Macy’s Inc. reserves the right to amend this job description at any time. Macy's Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment.