Happiness House Special Education Teacher **Signing Bonus** in Geneva, New York
***$3,000 Signing Bonus***
Full Time/School Year Position available at our Geneva site (37.5 hours per week - Monday through Friday). School Year position includes our 6-week summer program. This position follows the school calendar with vacations coinciding with school breaks. All school breaks are paid. This position offers a competitive salary with a comprehensive benefits package including 10 Paid Holidays, Sick and Personal Time, Matching 403b, Health, Dental, Vision, and more!
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
1. Administers standardized assessment tools to obtain data necessary for the development of the identified special needs student’s Individual Education Program (IEP) following all NYS learning standards set forth for the Preschool student.
2. Develops Individual Education Program (IEP) goals for each child identified. Documents progress through quarterly goal updates and amends goals as needed.
3. Demonstrates knowledge of technology and literacy devices which enhance the instructional opportunities for individual children.
4. Organizes a structured instructional program providing for the individual developmental needs of special needs children in collaboration Teacher’s Assistant.
5. Maintains all required paperwork, including daily/monthly attendance records.
6. Adapts and modifies the early childhood curriculum/lesson plans to meet the needs of the children with special needs.
7. Participates in all parent-teacher conferences for special needs children.
8. Coordinates classroom team and planning meetings to facilitate appropriate programming for each child.
9. Participates in school district Committee on Preschool Special Education and Committee on Special Education meetings.
10. Develops 1:1 Aide plans defining roles and responsibilities of 1:1 Aides assigned to any student in the classroom.
11. Utilizes techniques/methods specific for children who require additional learning support or learning style (discrete trials, visual strategies, etc).
12. Defines programs/lessons in conjunction with the paraprofessional and Coordinator.
13. Provides feedback to classroom staff on techniques to improve student success and will train or re-train if needed to ensure the success of staff and students.
Qualified candidates require:
1. Bachelor’s degree in Education with NYS Certification for Students with Disabilities (Birth-Grade 2).
2. Experience with young children with developmental delays.
3. Knowledge of child development, developmental disabilities, and student learning.
4. Knowledge of content and instructional planning and implementation.
5. Proficient computer skills with knowledge of Microsoft Office programs.
6. Ability to modify classroom activities to accommodate the individual needs of the children.
7. Must have demonstrated commitment to performing job duties and tasks at a high level of performance.