The Raymond Corporation Co-Op, Advanced Research Engineer - Spring/Summer 2023 - Greene, NY in Greene, New York
Job Title: Co-Op, Advanced research – Spring / Summer 2023
About our company:
The Raymond Corporation is a division of the Toyota Industries Corporation. We empower you to do great work in a company with 100 years of success, innovation and growth. Our Associates are the foundation of our continued success. If you’re innovative and enjoy the thrill of making things happen - share our vision and grow with us.
About our team:
Advanced Research is a multi-disciplinary team that identifies and applies new technology to shape the future of the material handling industry. Areas of active research include:, automation, driver assist systems, robotics and energy systems,. The team identifies ways that new technology can be utilized to bring value to both internal and external customers by creating novel tools, products, and services.
About the position:
We’re looking for a Spring and Summer 2023 Co-Op for Advanced research. You will:
- Be treated as a self-sufficient entry-level engineer with an assigned mentor for support.
- Evaluate various technologies to solve problems, create prototypes to test designs, conduct experiments in the test lab, as well as collect, reduce, analyze and present data.
- Gather information first-hand to fully understand a problem.
- Research similar applications and how these problems have been solved in related industries
- Collaborate with other engineers to develop a solution that often requires input from a multidisciplinary team
- Work with lab technicians to create a functional prototype and test the design
- Host design reviews and incorporate feedback from the greater organization to refine the design
About the schedule:
This position is 1st shift and will work Monday-Friday.
- Currently pursuing Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in engineering field.
- Inquisitive - mindset to ask the right questions and to design and execute scientific experiments to prove his/her hypothesis.
- A fast learner - demonstrated command of solid research fundamentals and the ability to quickly grasp new technical areas.
- Comfortable working across several disciplines of engineering
- Curious self-starter that can dig in to find the root of a problem
- Comfortable with data and tools for reducing data
- A team player - strong interpersonal skills, strong professional communication skills.
About the total compensation package:
Wage – Ranges from $18.00 to $24.00 per hour depending on education level.
- Housing stipend available to qualified students
- Eligible to participate in company events
- Short-Term disability
- Comprehensive 401(k) retirement plan with company match
- Sick leave
- Company-paid Holidays