The Raymond Corporation Co-Op, Energy Systems Engineering (Mechanical) - Greene, NY in Greene, New York
Summer & Fall 2021 (June or August – December preferred) / 40 hours per week
Housing stipend available to qualified candidates
Please note: This co-op is designed to provide an on-site work experience. However, due to current capacity restrictions, this assignment has the potential to include remote (possibly up to 50% or more) work projects. The remote work requirements could be subject to change at any time based on future pandemic developments.
As a Mechanical Engineering Co-Op in our Energy Systems Group, you will be treated as a self-sufficient entry-level engineer working together with an assigned mentor in a cross-functional team environment. Your assignments will include design, analysis, and testing of mechanical systems and components with a focus on new product development related to lithium ion batteries (LIB). Typical areas of design may include (among others): bolted or welded joint design, sheet metal design, finite element analysis of structural components, cost analysis, and design for manufacturing.
- Learn corporate tools and methods to develop mechanical solutions
- Learn design for manufacturing methods to manage product cost
- Work in a corporate team environment to develop creative, efficient, and economical solutions
- Collaborate with Product, Manufacturing, Reliability and Test engineering groups
- Communicate your design solutions to a cross-functional audience
- Implement your design improvements onto industrial work vehicles
Electrical Systems Engineering is a team that is responsible for the design of new products, options and features. Our department leads the research of emerging technologies (Energy, Telematics, Forklift Control Systems and Interfaces) and determines feasibility for application in Raymond products. These emerging technologies parallel typical circuits and systems found in automotive and commercial products. Design and development in the Electrical Systems group is accomplished using state-of-the-art lab equipment and software working with leading partners in the industry.