The Raymond Corporation Co-Op, Energy Systems Mechanical Engineer - Spring/Summer 2023 - Greene, NY in Greene, New York
Job Title: Co-Op, Energy Systems Mechanical- Spring / Summer 2023
About our company:
The Raymond Corporation is a division of the Toyota Industries Corporation. We empower you to do great work in a company with 100 years of success, innovation and growth. Our Associates are the foundation of our continued success. If you’re innovative and enjoy the thrill of making things happen - share our vision and grow with us.
About our team:
Electrical Systems Engineering is a team that is responsible for the design of new products, options and features. Our department leads the research of emerging technologies (Energy, Telematics, Forklift Control Systems and Interfaces) and determines feasibility for application in Raymond products. These emerging technologies parallel typical circuits and systems found in automotive and commercial products. Design and development in the Electrical Systems group is accomplished using state-of-the-art lab equipment and software working with leading partners in the industry.
About the position:
We’re looking for a Mechanical Engineering Co-Op in our Energy Systems department for Spring and Summer 2023. You will:
- Be treated as a self-sufficient entry-level engineer with an assigned mentor for support.
- Design, analyze, and test mechanical systems and components with a focus on new product development related to lithium ion batteries.
- Work with typical areas of design such as bolted or welded joint design, sheet metal design, finite element analysis of structural components, cost analysis, and design for manufacturing.
- Learn corporate tools and methods to develop mechanical solutions.
- Learn design for manufacturing methods to decrease product cost.
- Work in a corporate team environment to develop creative, efficient, and economical solutions.
- Collaborate with Product, Manufacturing, Reliability and Test engineering groups.
- Communicate your design solutions to a cross-functional audience.
- Implement your design improvements onto industrial work vehicles.
About the schedule:
This position is first shift and will work Monday-Friday.
- Currently pursuing a BS or MS in Mechanical Engineering or Mechanical Engineering Technology.
- Strengths of Materials, FEA/Stress Analysis, Statics, Dynamics, Fatigue, Machine Design and 3-D solid modeling (Creo preferred).
- Ability to successfully interface with a diverse group (i.e. lab technicians, designers, engineers, leadership staff).
It would be great if you had:
- Working knowledge of GD&T and tolerance stack-up analysis.
- General knowledge of Design for Manufacturing and Assembly.
- Strong presentation and communication skills - comfortable presenting to a diverse audience.
- Creative, energetic, and hands-on approach for designing, prototyping, testing, and problem solving.
About the total compensation package:
Wage – Ranges from $18.00 to $24.00 per hour depending on education level.
- Housing stipend available to qualified students
- Eligible to participate in company events
- Short-Term disability
- Comprehensive 401(k) retirement plan with company match
- Sick leave
- Company-paid Holidays