The Raymond Corporation Co-Op, Product Mechanical Engineer - Spring / Summer 2023 - Greene, NY in Greene, New York
Job Title: Co-Op, Product Mechanical Engineer - Spring / Summer 2023
About our company:
The Raymond Corporation is a division of the Toyota Industries Corporation. We empower you to do great work in a company with 100 years of success, innovation and growth. Our Associates are the foundation of our continued success. If you’re innovative and enjoy the thrill of making things happen - share our vision and grow with us.
About our team:
Product Engineering is a multi-disciplinary team that is responsible for the design integrity of all products both in production, as well as post-production. The team provides technical expertise to resolve production issues in a just-in-time environment where any downtime quickly cascades. The team is also responsible for the end customer's total cost of ownership by quickly resolving any in or out-of-warranty issues. Between model redesigns, the team is also tasked with feature development to continue to add more value to the product.
About the position:
We’re looking for a Mechanical Engineer Co-Op in Product Engineering for Spring and Summer 2023. You will:
- Be treated as a self-sufficient entry-level engineer with an assigned mentor for support.
- Be responsible for troubleshooting, determining solutions, and implementing changes to resolve various design issues that support production, reduce warranty, and/or fulfill customer requests.
- Handle issues that are typically mechanical, electrical, hydraulic, welding, plastics, or transmission related.
- Complete forklift training and acquire your forklift operating license to assist in your learning of the products, testing of prototypes, and determining solution activities.
- Drive the investigation and resolution of design issues in order to keep production running smoothly.
- Investigate and implement design changes to decrease product cost.
- Determine root cause and implement corrective actions for parts returned through the warranty process.
- Review non-conforming material requests to determine usability in production.
- Design new features to meet market requests.
- Reproduce, determine root cause, and recommend solution for field issues to ensure customer satisfaction.
About the schedule:
This position is first shift and will work Monday-Friday.
- Currently pursuing a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Mechanical Engineering or Mechanical Engineering Technology.
- A strong desire to be hands-on and spend time in the test lab as well as on the production floor.
- Working knowledge of 3D CAD modeling software (Creo preferred).
- Ability to successfully interface with a diverse group (i.e. manufacturing operators, engineers, leadership staff).
- Analytical with a strong orientation toward problem-solving.
It would be great if you had:
- Working knowledge of GD&T and tolerance stack-up analysis.
- Strong presentation skills - comfortable presenting to a diverse audience.
Wage – Ranges from $18.00 to $24.00 per hour depending on education level.
- Housing stipend available to qualified students
- Eligible to participate in company events
- Short-Term disability
- Comprehensive 401(k) retirement plan with company match
- Sick leave
- Company-paid Holidays