The Raymond Corporation Experienced Forklift Operator - Flexible Schedule - Greene, NY in Greene, New York
About our company:
The Raymond Corporation is a division of the Toyota Industries Corporation. We empower you to do great work in a company with 100 years of success, innovation and growth. Our Associates are the foundation of our continued success. If you’re innovative and enjoy the thrill of making things happen - share our vision and grow with us.
About the position:
We’re looking for an Experienced Forklift Operator to distribute, move, stock, ship and/or receive a variety of parts and equipment. This will include the operation of lift trucks. Perform work under the direct supervision from manager, assistant team leader (ATL) or other departmental lead. Handle basic issues and problems and refers more complex issues to others. You will:
- Complying with all material handling and safety requirements, operates lift trucks in order to distribute, move, ship and/or receive specified parts or equipment. This may require working at elevated heights (up to 50 feet)
- Required to obtain and maintain Forklift Driver Certification through the Company.
- Forklift Operation at least 50% of the time.
- Perform a variety of routine stocking duties typically including, but not limited to: picking, marshaling, sorting, packing, stacking, loading, labeling, etc.
- Keep accurate records of all transactions.
- Utilize internal computer system for inventory control and accuracy.
- Complete cycle counts to ensure inventory accuracy.
- Resolve routine material workflow problems with assigned equipment/part orders. Ensures more complex problems are directed appropriately.
- Interface with multiple departments over routine issues.
- Follow standard work to complete tasks.
- Support the Company’s 5S program in an effort to maintain work area, equipment and supplies in a neat, organized manner.
- Make recommendations to change outdated or ineffective procedures through the kaizen process.
- Support Toyota Production Systems (TPS) driven processes and activities.
- May be required to receive crane and hoist license and harness training.
- Perform related work as assigned.
- Regular attendance in the workplace is required for interaction with others and to support teamwork.
About the schedule:
This position is for 1st, 2nd, or 3rd Shift with flexible schedule.
About the work environment:
Works in a factory setting. Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) is required in accordance with Company policy. For forklift operation, required to obtain and maintain Forklift Driver Certification through the Company and operate the forklift in a safe manner. Required to stand for long periods of time and manually lift/move/manipulate parts up to 50 pounds or use cranes/hoists to move heavier materials. Temperatures may be extreme; elevated in the summer, cold in the winter. Needs to be able to cope with stressors and demands that are associated with the job and/or the work environment so that acceptable and defined levels of performance are maintained.
- A high school diploma or GED is preferred.
- At least one year warehouse experience is required
- Forklift operation experience is strongly preferred
It would be great if you had:
- Possess good communication skills and the ability to show tact and courtesy when working with others.
- Ability to perform basic math and comprehend and follow verbal and written instructions.
- Basic computer skills required.
About the total compensation package:
Salary - The salary for this position is $20.00 & up; compensation based on experience.
Relocation - This position may qualify for relocation.
Benefits - We recognize the value of a comprehensive benefits program for our employees and work tirelessly to make sure our package meets the needs of our employees and their families. Eligible employees can elect and participate in a variety of benefits including:
- Vacation available on day 1
- 10 paid holidays
- Medical and Rx Plan options
- Dental and Vision Plan options
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA) for medical and dependent care
- Life Insurance and AD&D
- Short-Term and Long-Term Disability
- Accident, Critical Illness, and Indemnity Insurance
- ID Theft Protection
- Comprehensive 401(k) retirement plan with company match
- Profit Sharing Plan based on annual profitability
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Vacation, Sick, & Volunteer Time
- Tuition Aid Program