The Raymond Corporation General Utility - Greene, NY in Greene, New York
Job Title General Utility
About our company:
The Raymond Corporation is a division of the Toyota Industries Corporation. We empower you to do great work in a company with 100 years of success, innovation and growth. Our Associates are the foundation of our continued success. If you’re innovative and enjoy the thrill of making things happen - share our vision and grow with us.
About the position:
We’re looking for a General Utility staff member to performs non-complex, repetitive production and/or custodial tasks. You will perform one or more routine tasks that may include, but not limited to:
- Simple assembly, disassembly, re-assembly
- Washing, preparing, loading, hanging and/or moving parts and equipment.
- Assist painters in preparing parts/units for painting, or production operators / assemblers in various stages of the process.
- Custodial/Janitorial tasks.
- Sorts and processes recyclable materials; assists in waste-stream management.
- Assist in maintaining and cleaning of work stations and break areas.
- Interfaces with employees from multiple departments and/or product lines over routine matters.
- Supports the Company's 5S program in an effort to maintain work area, equipment and supplies in a neat, organized manner.
- Performs related work as assigned
About the schedule:
This position is 1st shift.
About the work environment:
Works in a factory setting. Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) is required in accordance with Company policy. For forklift operation, required to obtain and maintain Forklift Driver Certification through the Company and operate the forklift in a safe manner. Required to stand for long periods of time and manually lift/move/manipulate parts up to 50 pounds or use cranes/hoists to move heavier materials. Temperatures may be extreme; elevated in the summer, cold in the winter. Needs to be able to cope with stressors and demands that are associated with the job and/or the work environment so that acceptable and defined levels of performance are maintained.
- High School Diploma or GED preferred.
- 1 or more years of work experience in a manufacturing environment.
It would be great if you had:
- Previous experience in a manufacturing environment
- Previous custodial or janitorial experience
About the total compensation package:
Salary - The salary for this position is $17.50 and up; based on experience.