The Raymond Corporation Manufacturing Technician - Greene, NY in Greene, New York
Job Title Manufacturing Technician
About our company:
The Raymond Corporation is a division of the Toyota Industries Corporation. We empower you to do great work in a company with 100 years of success, innovation and growth. Our Associates are the foundation of our continued success. If you’re innovative and enjoy the thrill of making things happen - share our vision and grow with us.
About the position:
We’re looking for a Manufacturing Technician to work on assignments that are moderately complex in nature where judgment is required in resolving problems and maintain routine recommendations. Normally receives no instruction on routine work, general instructions on new assignments. In this role you will:
Read complicated drawings, mathematics, handbook formulas, and a variety of testing and measuring instruments.
BE required to fabricate, assemble, machine, weld, and/or fit together parts to form complete units or subassemblies. Product is often non-repetitive and/or of customer specific design and often utilizes standard (rough) documentation and/or verbal instructions.
- Analyze processes in respective area and recommend, implement improvements in quality and productivity.
- Work from schematics, blueprints and verbal instruction.
- Direct projects or leads task teams.
- Be required to work in complex work cells, and train employees within field of expertise.
- Use sampling, testing and measuring techniques, and perform quantitative and qualitative analyses to determine air, land, or water pollution levels.
- Assist in the installation and set-up of instruments and equipment.
- Operate electronic equipment and conduct sampling with the current line of instrumentation.
- Periodically inspect equipment and perform routine preventive maintenance work.
- Maintain records pertinent to special sampling projects performed in conjunction with governmental agencies and private institutions.
About the schedule:
This position is 1st shift.
About the work environment:
Works in a factory setting. Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) is required in accordance with Company policy. For forklift operation, required to obtain and maintain Forklift Driver Certification through the Company and operate the forklift in a safe manner. Required to stand for long periods of time and manually lift/move/manipulate parts up to 50 pounds or use cranes/hoists to move heavier materials. Temperatures may be extreme; elevated in the summer, cold in the winter. Needs to be able to cope with stressors and demands that are associated with the job and/or the work environment so that acceptable and defined levels of performance are maintained.
- An AA degree, military technical training, vocational or equivalent on-the-job training is preferred. Requires a minimum of 3 to 4 years of experience in their respective field of expertise.
- Must be able to read and interpret blueprints, bills of materials, schematics (electrical and hydraulic)
- QAPs and functional specifications.
- Requires a masterly knowledge of one or more assembly/welding and/or fabrication techniques, tools, test equipment, materials, machines and product.
- Working knowledge of the manufacturing systems and procedures, including but not specifically limited to: MRP, JP, scrap/rework, deviations, shop floor control, ECR/ECN.
- Effective communications skills, orally and in writing, to audiences comprised of wide skill levels.
- Ability to assess/define problems, collect facts, recommend/implement solutions and follow through to insure success/completion of tasks. High initiative, self-starter, work with minimum supervision utilizing personal skills, experience, initiative and judgment to determine and implement required course of action.
- Ability to take conceptual information/models and transfer to project implementation. Must understand company operation and procedures.
It would be great if you had:
- Have strong electrical troubleshooting experience preferred.
About the total compensation package:
Benefits - We recognize the value of a comprehensive benefits program for our employees and work tirelessly to make sure our package meets the needs of our employees and their families. Eligible employees can elect and participate in a variety of benefits including:
- Medical and Rx Plan options
- Dental and Vision Plan options
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA) for medical and dependent care
- Life Insurance and AD&D
- Short-Term and Long-Term Disability
- Accident, Critical Illness, and Indemnity Insurance
- ID Theft Protection
- Comprehensive 401(k) retirement plan with company match
- Profit Sharing Plan based on annual profitability
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Vacation, Sick, Personal & Volunteer Time
- Company Paid Holidays
- Tuition Aid Program