The Raymond Corporation Material Attendant - Greene, NY in Greene, New York
Job Title Material Attendant
About our company:
The Raymond Corporation is a division of the Toyota Industries Corporation. We empower you to do great work in a company with 100 years of success, innovation and growth. Our Associates are the foundation of our continued success. If you’re innovative and enjoy the thrill of making things happen - share our vision and grow with us.
About the position:
We’re looking for Material Attendant to:
- Distribute, move, stock, ship, and/or receive a variety of parts and equipment
- Comply with all material handling and safety requirements
- Operates lift trucks in order to distribute, move, stock, ship, and/or receive a variety of parts and equipment
- Perform a variety of routine stocking duties including but not limited to: picking, marshaling, sorting, packing, stacking, loading, labeling, etc
- Keeps accurate record of all transactions
- Resolves routine material workflow problems with assigned equipment/part orders. Ensures more complex problems are directed appropriately.
- Interfaces with multiple departments over routine issues.
- Supports the Company's 5S program in an effort to maintain work area, equipment and supplies in a neat, organized manner
- May be required to utilize hand and power tools.
- Performs related work as assigned.
About the schedule:
This position is 2nd shift.
About the work environment:
Works in a factory setting. Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) is required in accordance with Company policy. For forklift operation, required to obtain and maintain Forklift Driver Certification through the Company and operate the forklift in a safe manner. Required to stand for long periods of time and manually lift/move/manipulate parts up to 50 pounds or use cranes/hoists to move heavier materials. Temperatures may be extreme; elevated in the summer, cold in the winter. Needs to be able to cope with stressors and demands that are associated with the job and/or the work environment so that acceptable and defined levels of performance are maintained.
- A High School Diploma or GED is preferred.
- Position does not require previous work experience, but some warehouse and/or manufacturing experience is preferred.
It would be great if you had:
- Previous forklift experience
- Previous warehouse experience
- Previous manufacturing experience
About the total compensation package:
Salary - The salary for this position is $17.50 and up (Shift Differential for 2nd shift)