The Raymond Corporation Material Attendant - Greene, NY in Greene, New York
Distributes, moves, stocks, ships and/or receives a variety of parts and equipment.
- Responsible for monitoring warehouse inventory and performing cycle counting duties to ensure that all materials are properly verified to be reflective of reported inventory.
- Keep track of inventory by performing inventory counts on a regular basis.
- Audit warehouse processes by performing physical inventory counts and determines accuracy of system data to physical counts in system.
- Complying with all material handling and safety requirements operates lift trucks in order to distribute, move, ship and/or receive specified parts or equipment.
- Required to obtain and maintain Forklift Driver Certification through the Company.
- Performs a variety of routine stocking duties typically including, but not limited to: picking, marshaling, sorting, packing, stacking, loading, labeling, etc.
- Keeps accurate records of all transactions.
- Resolves routine material work flow problems with assigned equipment/part orders. Ensures more complex problems are directed appropriately.
- Interfaces with multiple departments over routine issues.
- Supports the Company’s 5S program in an effort to maintain work area, equipment and supplies in a neat, organized manner.
- May be required to utilize hand and power tools.
- Performs related work as assigned.
Works in a factory setting. Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) is required in accordance with Company policy. For forklift operation, required to obtain and maintain Forklift Driver Certification through the Company and operate the forklift in a safe manner. Required to stand for long periods of time and manually lift/move/manipulate parts up to 50 pounds or use cranes/hoists to move heavier materials. Temperatures may be extreme; elevated in the summer, cold in the winter. Needs to be able to cope with stressors and demands that are associated with the job and/or the work environment so that acceptable and defined levels of performance are maintained.