The Raymond Corporation Painter - Greene, NY in Greene, New York
Job Title Painter
About our company:
The Raymond Corporation is a division of the Toyota Industries Corporation. We empower you to do great work in a company with 100 years of success, innovation and growth. Our Associates are the foundation of our continued success. If you’re innovative and enjoy the thrill of making things happen - share our vision and grow with us.
About the position:
We’re looking for Painter to:
- Receives parts and/or final product.
- Prepare parts/products for painting and then apply final paint through hand spray technique according to specific guidelines.
- Use of various hand and power tools and some manual handling of materials. (Tools may include, but are not necessarily limited to, paint guns, grinders, sanders, wire cutters, air wrenches, screwdrivers and/or hand drills.)
- Inspects own work, work area, and adjusts as necessary. Ensures final product meets all color and finish requirements.
- Utilizes computer for departmental information.
- Performs preventative maintenance and repair of paint equipment as defined in the daily/weekly/monthly checklists.
- May be required to use PC to keep records and will be responsible for keeping a neat work area. *
- Must be team oriented and demonstrate the ability to work well with others. *
- Accountable for completing assigned tasks with high quality and on schedule.
- Supports the Company's 5S program in an effort to maintain work area, equipment and supplies in a neat, organized manner.
- Ensures inventory of required supplies are kept at appropriate levels. Expedites parts as required to meet schedule.
- Stacks and/or moves completed work by following material handling and safety procedures.
- Performs related work as assigned
About the schedule:
This position is 1st shift.
About the work environment:
Works in a factory setting. Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) is required in accordance with Company policy. For forklift operation, required to obtain and maintain Forklift Driver Certification through the Company and operate the forklift in a safe manner. Required to stand for long periods of time and manually lift/move/manipulate parts up to 50 pounds or use cranes/hoists to move heavier materials. Temp1steratures may be extreme; elevated in the summer, cold in the winter. Needs to be able to cope with stressors and demands that are associated with the job and/or the work environment so that acceptable and defined levels of performance are maintained.
- A High School Diploma or GED is preferred.
- Three or more months of painting related experience is required. Previous powder coating experience is preferred.
It would be great if you had:
- Previous powder coat paint experience
About the total compensation package:
Salary - The starting salary range for this position is from $19.78 to $23.24 based on experience