The Raymond Corporation Production Operator - Weekend Shift - Greene, NY in Greene, New York
Production Operator - Weekend Shift
Friday, Saturday, & Sunday 6:30am - 4:30pm
About our company:
The Raymond Corporation is a division of the Toyota Industries Corporation. We empower you to do great work in a company with 100 years of success, innovation and growth. Our Associates are the foundation of our continued success. If you’re innovative and enjoy the thrill of making things happen - share our vision and grow with us.
About the position:
We’re looking for a Production Operator. You will:
- Sets up and runs computer-controlled production machines that include brake presses, laser cutters, manual milling machines, machine centers, lathes and programmable drills.
- Receives low-cost raw materials and/or processed parts and follows step by step prints/sketches in order to fabricate a variety of high-volume parts. Anticipates and resolves problems associated with job set up. Adheres to proper feeds, speeds and settings to maximize production levels and machine/tool life.
- Required to inspect own work prior to next operation. Serves as first piece inspector of co-workers. Makes adjustments as necessary.
- Maintains work area and equipment in neat, organized manner. Ensures inventory of required supplies are kept at appropriate levels. Uses P.C. to expedite parts as required to meet schedule.
- Stacks, and/or moves completed work by following material handling procedures.
- Provides work assistance/guidance to Production Operator I’s as required.
- Performs related work as assigned.
About the schedule:
This position is a 1st Shift weekend shift; Friday - Sunday 6:30am - 4:30pm
About the work environment:
Works in a factory setting. Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) is required in accordance with Company policy. For forklift operation, required to obtain and maintain Forklift Driver Certification through the Company and operate the forklift in a safe manner. Required to stand for long periods of time and manually lift/move/manipulate parts up to 50 pounds or use cranes/hoists to move heavier materials. Temperatures may be extreme; elevated in the summer, cold in the winter. Needs to be able to cope with stressors and demands that are associated with the job and/or the work environment so that acceptable and defined levels of performance are maintained.
- A high School Diploma or GED is preferred.
- This is an entry-level position
- CNC Machine experience is strongly preferred
- Basic communication skills.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
It would be great if you had:
- Experience working in a manufacturing environment
About the total compensation package:
Salary - The salary for this position is $17.50 per hour (plus a generous differential for working the weekend shift)