The Raymond Corporation Receiving Inspection Engineering Supervisor - Greene, NY in Greene, New York
Job Title Receiving Inspection Engineering Supervisor
About our company:
The Raymond Corporation is a division of the Toyota Industries Corporation. We empower you to do great work in a company with 100 years of success, innovation and growth. Our Associates are the foundation of our continued success. If you’re innovative and enjoy the thrill of making things happen - share our vision and grow with us.
About the position:
We are seeking a Receiving Inspection Engineering Supervisor. As a supervisor you will:
- Work closely with Manufacturing, Engineering, and Suppliers to evaluate and resolve technical problems related to metrology.
- Develop Inspection Plans for basic commodity and complex part inspections using appropriate methods and tools.
- Develop and provides initial and recurrent training for metrology within the inspection group and the factory as required.
- Develop and coordinates full layout inspection of critical assemblies.
- Use extensive technical skills, expertise, and knowledge of quality techniques as applied to electro-mechanical assembly, machine shop, welding, or other related processes.
- Provide project leadership and develops processes/procedures for Quality Systems.
- Possesses an expert understanding of metrology and mechanical inspection methods and best practices
- Able to train others in complex technical tasks. Able to develop and document training standards and maintain a schedule for training activities consistent with the needs of the department and external customers.
- Evaluates technical quality problems and develops solutions to such problems, with appropriate documentation (e.g. engineering changes or quality system procedures).
About the work environment:
Works in a factory setting. Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) is required in accordance with Company policy. For forklift operation, required to obtain and maintain Forklift Driver Certification through the Company and operate the forklift in a safe manner. Required to stand for long periods of time and manually lift/move/manipulate parts up to 50 pounds or use cranes/hoists to move heavier materials. Temperatures may be extreme; elevated in the summer, cold in the winter. Needs to be able to cope with stressors and demands that are associated with the job and/or the work environment so that acceptable and defined levels of performance are maintained.
- Bachelor's Degree in an applicable engineering field, computer science, or a professional license, with a minimum of 3-5 years engineering experience.
It would be great if you had:
- Excellent ability to read and interpret engineering drawings - proficient in Geometric Dimensioning &Tolerancing
- Knowledge of metrology, inspection techniques
- Knowledge in the use of portable or stationary Coordinate Measuring Machines, including programming
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Access, Excel and MS Project
- Familiarity with CMM Programming and prior CAD design experience
- Knowledge of Toyota Production Systems
- Knowledge of manufacturing processes, welding operations and/or fabricated/machined components
About the total compensation package:
Salary - The salary for this position is $77,600-$99,400.
Benefits - We recognize the value of a comprehensive benefits program for our employees and work tirelessly to make sure our package meets the needs of our employees and their families. Eligible employees can elect and participate in a variety of benefits including:
- Medical and Rx Plan options
- Dental and Vision Plan options
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA) for medical and dependent care
- Life Insurance and AD&D
- Short-Term and Long-Term Disability
- Accident, Critical Illness, and Indemnity Insurance
- ID Theft Protection
- Comprehensive 401(k) retirement plan with company match
- Profit Sharing Plan based on annual profitability
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Vacation, Sick, Personal & Volunteer Time
- Company Paid Holidays
- Tuition Aid Program