The Raymond Corporation Receiving Inspector - Greene, NY in Greene, New York
Job Title Receiving Inspector
About our company:
The Raymond Corporation is a division of the Toyota Industries Corporation. We empower you to do great work in a company with 100 years of success, innovation and growth. Our Associates are the foundation of our continued success. If you’re innovative and enjoy the thrill of making things happen - share our vision and grow with us.
About the position:
We’re looking for a Receiving Inspector who will:
- Inspect or audit mechanical and electrical components common to industrial lift trucks using basic inspection tools such as: tape measures, calipers, micrometers, and height gauges.
- Ensure satisfaction of internal customers. Determines consistency in workmanship on all performed activities by adhering to Quality Systems documents.
- Support department in 5S and continuous improvement initiatives.
- Participate in problem-solving at inspection as well as manufacturing and product assembly levels.
- May lift metallic parts and move materials using a forklift.
- Performs related work as assigned.
About the schedule:
This position is 1st shift and will work 7:00am – 3:30pm, approximately.
About the work environment:
Works in a factory setting. Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) is required in accordance with Company policy. For forklift operation, required to obtain and maintain Forklift Driver Certification through the Company and operate the forklift in a safe manner. Required to stand for long periods of time and manually lift/move/manipulate parts up to 50 pounds or use cranes/hoists to move heavier materials. Temperatures may be extreme; elevated in the summer, cold in the winter. Needs to be able to cope with stressors and demands that are associated with the job and/or the work environment so that acceptable and defined levels of performance are maintained.
- High School Diploma or GED preferred.
- 3 or more years of manufacturing experience including at least 1 year as an Inspector
It would be great if you had:
- Strong communication skills - clear and concise in both verbal and written communications.
- Ability to interpret and understand industry specifications and engineering documents.
- Strong attention to detail to ensure accuracy of data input.
- Computer proficiency in Microsoft Office and able to learn Company-specific systems.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, with flexibility to adapt to changing work assignments and tasks.
- Ability to work overtime as required (weekdays and weekends).
About the total compensation package:
Salary - The salary for this position is $18.00 - $20.48; based on experience.
Benefits - We recognize the value of a comprehensive benefits program for our employees and work tirelessly to make sure our package meets the needs of our employees and their families. Eligible employees can elect and participate in a variety of benefits including:
- Medical and Rx Plan options
- Dental and Vision Plan options
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA) for medical and dependent care
- Life Insurance and AD&D
- Short-Term and Long-Term Disability
- Accident, Critical Illness, and Indemnity Insurance
- ID Theft Protection
- Comprehensive 401(k) retirement plan with company match
- Profit Sharing Plan based on annual profitability
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Vacation, Sick, Personal & Volunteer Time
- Company Paid Holidays
- Tuition Aid Program