The Raymond Corporation Welder - 3rd Shift - Greene, NY in Greene, New York
About our company:
The Raymond Corporation is a division of the Toyota Industries Corporation. We empower you to do great work in a company with 100 years of success, innovation and growth. Our Associates are the foundation of our continued success. If you’re innovative and enjoy the thrill of making things happen - share our vision and grow with us.
About the position:
We’re looking for a Welder -3rd Shift for routing and simple welding jobs. As a Welder you will:
- Perform general Arc Welding using primarily Gas Metal Arc Welding (MIG) process
- Operates welding equipment, jigs, holding fixtures, measuring instruments, computer and hand tools.
- Follows specific work orders, standard work and safety procedures in the fabrication of production parts through general arc welding (primarily "MIG" welding). Most of the work is held with fixtures. May also be required to occasionally fabricate simple weldments without fixturing.
- Required to clean and grind own work prior to next operation.
- Conducts visual and dimensional check of own work.
- Required to operate overhead cranes/hoists to move heavy materials.
- Supports the Company's 5S program in an effort to maintain work area, equipment and supplies in a neat, organized manner. Notifies manager or ATL of shortages.
- Uses computer to provide input on job status.
- Performs related work as assigned.
About the work environment:
Works in a factory setting. Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) is required in accordance with Company policy. For forklift operation, required to obtain and maintain Forklift Driver Certification through the Company and operate the forklift in a safe manner. Required to stand for long periods of time and manually lift/move/manipulate parts up to 50 pounds or use cranes/hoists to move heavier materials. Temperatures may be extreme; elevated in the summer, cold in the winter. Needs to be able to cope with stressors and demands that are associated with the job and/or the work environment so that acceptable and defined levels of performance are maintained.
- High School Diploma or GED required.
- 3 or more months of basic "MIG" welding experience.
- Must complete Raymond welding certification tests (in compliance with AWS standards) for all welding processes required for the job within 3 months.
About the total compensation package:
Salary - The starting salary range for this position is $19.78 to $21.57 based on skill and experience: this position also qualifies for a 15% shift differential.
Benefits - We recognize the value of a comprehensive benefits program for our employees and work tirelessly to make sure our package meets the needs of our employees and their families. Eligible employees can elect and participate in a variety of benefits including:
- Vacation available on day 1
- 10 paid holidays
- Medical and Rx Plan options
- Dental and Vision Plan options
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA) for medical and dependent care
- Life Insurance and AD&D
- Short-Term and Long-Term Disability
- Accident, Critical Illness, and Indemnity Insurance
- ID Theft Protection
- Comprehensive 401(k) retirement plan with company match
- Profit Sharing Plan based on annual profitability
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Vacation, Sick, & Volunteer Time
- Tuition Aid Program