Colgate University Temporary - Athletic Event Staff (no benefits) in Hamilton, New York
Job Category Casual Wage Position Title Temporary - Athletic Event Staff (no benefits) Full Time/Part Time Part Time Division Athletics Department Athletic Event Management Department Statement
Colgate University, an NCAA Division I member of ECAC Hockey and the Patriot League Conference, invites applications for Temporary Athletic Event Staff. Accountabilities
Athletic Event Staff members will be needed for Colgate athletic events (football, soccer, field hockey, basketball, ice hockey, lacrosse, softball, and volleyball). Pay ranges from $11.80/hour and up, depending on the job position. Must be able to work as needed, which are mostly evenings and weekends. Become part of the "one team" culture with great customer service skills.
Various job positions are available:
- Ticket Takers: Collecting tickets for admission at Colgate athletic home events.
- Ticket Sellers: Selling athletic event tickets for Colgate athletic home events.
- Will Call Attendants: Distribute game tickets from various constituents (e.g. home/visiting team guests, unofficial.official visits, will call pick up, etc.) Must follow all NCAA, Patriot League, and Colgate University ticket policies.
- Ushers: Assisting fans to their seats, securing private areas, and providing event information to customers.
- Parking Attendants: Facilitate customers through the three (3) parking lots available for Colgate home football and men's ice hockey games.
- Score Clock Operator(s): Controlling the scoreboard at Colgate athletic home events.
- Statisticians: Tracking the official game stats of Colgate athletic games (basketball and volleyball only).
- Instant Replay Operator: Tracking the game and working with officials concerning the Instant Replay Program (experience with GotoReplay for ice hockey, and XOS for basketball). Will train and must attend mandatory training sessions, prior to start of season (basketball/volleyball/ice hockey only).
- Instant Replay Spotter: Assisting the Instant Replay Operator in various plays that take place through the duration of the game (basketball only).
- Penalty Box Personnel: Assisting at the ice hockey games with the timing of penalties, as well as placement and removal of goals during intermissions (ice hockey only).
- Music Coordinator: In charge of playing music for the facility before, during, and after games.
- Kiosk Attendant: Selling Colgate Athletics' apparel at Colgate athletic home events (ice hockey only).
-Bounce House Attendant: Supervise the Colgate bounce house with children through waivers and capacity of area.
-Daktronics Assistant: Work the Daktronics board to display graphics on our LED scoreboard (basketball/ice hockey only).
Professional Experience/ Qualifications
Employee must be dependable and able to work flexible hours, as needed. Ability to have great customer service skills with the public and stand for extended periods of time in a variety of weather conditions.
Employee must be capable of working collegially with a diverse group of faculty, staff, and students on a daily basis.
Must be 18 years of age, or older, to apply for these positions. Preferred Qualifications Education Physical Requirements
Must be able to stand for extended periods of time in a variety of weather conditions. Other Information
Colgate University is committed to the principle of institutional control in administering its athletics program in a manner consistent with the NCAA, ECAC, and Patriot League rules. Each individual involved in the athletics division is obligated to maintain competency and knowledge of the rules, to act within his or her realm of responsibility in full compliance with the governing legislation, and to report any violation of NCAA, ECAC or Patriot League rules of which he or she is aware. Should a situation warrant further investigation, you have an affirmative obligation to cooperate full in the infractions process, including the investigation and adjudication of a case. The failure to do so can be grounds for your termination with cause.
Posting Detail Information
Requisition Number 2019CW020P Temporary Yes Work Schedule
Evenings and weekends, as needed. Job Open Date 06/27/2019 Job Close Date 01/31/2020 Open Until Filled Yes Special Instructions Summary EEO Statement
It is the policy of Colgate University not to discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment on the basis of their race, color, creed, religion, age, sex, pregnancy, national origin, marital status, disability, protected Veteran Status, sexual orientation and gender identity and expression, genetic information, victims of domestic violence and stalking, familial status, and all other categories covered by law. This policy shall apply to all employment actions, including but not limited to recruitment, hiring, upgrading, promotion, transfer, demotion, layoff, recall, termination, rates of pay or other forms of compensation and selection for training at all levels of employment. Colgate University will not discharge or discriminate against employees or applicants who inquire about, discuss, or disclose their own compensation or the compensation of another employee or applicant. Clery Act
CAMPUS CRIME REPORTING AND STATISTICS
The Campus Safety Department will provide upon request a copy of Colgate's Annual Security and Fire Safety Report. This report includes statistics as reported to the United States Department of Education for the previous three years concerning reported: 1. crimes that occurred on-campus; in certain off-campus buildings or property owned or controlled by Colgate University; and on public property within, or immediately adjacent to and accessible from, the campus and 2. fires that occurred in student housing facilities. The report also includes institutional policies concerning campus security and fire safety, such as policies concerning sexual assault, life safety systems, and other related matters. To obtain a copy, contact the Campus Safety Compliance Manager via e-mail at . You may also access the report from the Campus Safety web page at: .
It is the policy of Colgate University not to discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment on the basis of their race, color, creed, religion, age, sex, pregnancy, national origin, marital status, disability, protected Veterans status, sexual orientation and gender identity and expression, genetic information, victims of domestic violence and stalking, familial status, and all other categories covered by recruitment, hiring, upgrading, promotion, transfer, demotion, layoff, recall, termination, rates of pay or other forms of compensation and selection for training at all levels of the employment. Colgate University is an Equal Opportunity Employer, Minorities/Females/Persons with Disabilities/Protected Veterans.