Joseph Heberle Farms Farmworker and Laborer in Hamlin, New York
15 fulltime H-2A seasonal jobs available 3/20/21-12/5/21.
Crops: Strawberries, Cherries, Raspberries, Blueberries, Peaches, Prunes, Plums, Apricots, Summer Squash, Winter Squash, Tomatoes, Peppers, Pumpkins, Evergreens, Apples, Asparagus
Apples, prunes, and apricots: Workers will perform various tasks involved in planting, cultivation (including pruning and thinning) and harvesting fruit according to supervisors instructions. Workers may till soil, plant stock, and do pruning activities using a variety of tools. May aid in irrigation duties. May aid in minor repair of wooden fruit containers. Workers will harvest fruit according to color, size, and degree of maturity as specified by supervisor and place into bushel baskets taking the extra time, care and effort not to bruise or scar the fruit.
Workers will load and unload produce/product from trucks.
Productions Standard: Workers must strive for 5% or less bruising rate.
Workers will perform various duties working with Evergreen Trees.
* Must have at least 3 months verifiable experience hand harvesting a perishable crop.
* Must be physically able to meet and perform all job specifications stated in job order. Lifting requirement of 75 lbs.
* Workers are subject to random drug testing post-hire at employer expense.
* Exposure to extreme temperatures.
* Repetitive movements, extensive pushing/pulling, extensive walking, and frequent stooping.
Entire job duty description (ETA 790 and Spanish translation) should be reviewed and provided to qualified applicants from the NYSDOL website at http://labor.ny.gov/careerservices/h2a\_orders.shtm