Contract Pharmacal Corp Porter(Heavy Lifter)- Multiple 2nd Shift, 3rd Shift, Weekend Shifts Available in Hauppauge, New York
Porter(Heavy Lifter)- Multiple 2nd Shift, 3rd Shift, Weekend Shifts Available
Hauppauge, NY (http://maps.google.com/maps?q=135+Adams+Avenue+Hauppauge+NY+11788)
2nd Shift-Monday to Friday 4:30pm-1am
3rd Shift-Monday to Friday 1am-7am, Saturday 7am-7pm, Sunday 6am-6pm
The Porter has the primary responsibility for maintaining the cleanliness of all interior and exterior property including office areas, warehouses, manufacturing/packaging production, restrooms, cafeterias, parking lots, etc
Responsibilities:Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
· Cleans windows, walls, light fixtures, ceilings and changes light bulbs using ladder.
· Mops, sweeps, vacuums, scrub, strips and waxes floors using industrial vacuum cleaner and/or buffing machine.
· Uses chemicals and cleaning solutions to properly clean facilities.
· Moves cabinets, boxes, furniture, crates and equipment to clean areas.
· Empty and take-out trash to compactor or dumpsters.
· Paint facilities and replace floor tiles as needed.
· Outside duties such as sweeping walks, clearing leaves, removing snow or performing other seasonal tasks.
· Organizing the stockroom and storage areas.
· Complete and sign daily Porter Checklist.
· Restock and notify management when supplies are needed.
· Other responsibilities as assigned by Senior Management.
Education and Experience:
· High School or GED diploma a plus.
· One-year experience preferred but not required.
Skills and Abilities:
· Pays attention to detail.
· Ability to follow instructions and work independently.
· Ability to communicate effectively.
· Able to lift and move 50 lbs. or more
· Physical effort may be required which includes prolonged standing, lifting, pushing, moving, or carrying heavy materials.
· The operation of certain machinery requires eye, hand, and foot coordination.
Personnel Protective Equipment or Attire Required for Position:
· As needed
Physical Demands and Work Environment
· Frequently works in inside work conditions which may vary from a warehouse environment to production floor to office setting with various noise levels.
· Sometimes works in outside weather conditions including heat, cold, rain, snow, etc.
· Continuously standing, walking and pushing materials.
· Frequently required to reach, climb and kneel.
· Constantly required to use hands, arms and fingers to feel and reach.
· Must be able to lift and/or move 50 pounds or more.
· Vision abilities required include close vision, distance vision, and peripheral vision.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of all activities, duties and responsibilities that are required for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.