FirstService Residential Community Association General Manager in Haverstraw, New York
Do you aim high? Are you genuinely helpful? Are you looking for a place where you can make a difference, receive ongoing support and training, and build a rewarding, long-lasting career? Then you may be a good fit for FirstService Residential, North America's foremost property management firm. We're all about our associates, and as we continue to grow, we're looking for even more quality people who share our dedication to doing what's right, improving residents' quality of life, building great relationships and truly making a difference for their clients, their colleagues and themselves. Is that you? If so, we think you should get to know us.
Who We Are:FirstService Residential is the largest manager of residential communities in North America, overseeing more than 5,600 properties and over 1.3 million residential units. FirstService generates more than $2.3 billion in annual revenue and has more than 23,000 employees worldwide. More information is available at www.firstserviceresidential.com.
FirstService Residential is seeking a General Manager for a large master planned community in Haverstraw, NY
Primary Responsibilities:The General Manager Position entails wide variety of responsibilities and challenges. This role serves to provide leadershipand guidanceto the residents and boards of directors for a community of 280 condominiums and townhome units. Clubhouse amenities for this site includes concierge, two swimming pools, a fitness center, spa, social hall, and a café.
- Direct and manage overall community
- Full responsibility for site maintenance, system integrity and aesthetics
- Provide social programming including events, activities and parties
- Serve as conduit between community and local businesses
- Financial planning and annual budget preparations for five associations
- Perform inventory control and cost comparison, payroll submission, and expense analysis
- Report to all (5) five Condominium Boards regarding property maintenance issues and initiatives.
- Produce a monthly management reports
- Attend monthly board meetings for five (5) condominium associations
- Coordinate annual meetings for the associations
- Disseminate information to residents on an ongoing basis for a wide variety of issues and topics.
- Liaise with local government officials for the advancement of the community initiatives.
- Provide dispute and complaint resolution for residents.
- Enforce local and community rules, regulations, and laws.
- Liaise with local fire department for compliance and emergency readiness
- Oversee contractors for maintenance and repairs including: Landscaping, building maintenance and repair, snow removal, site lighting etc. System maintenance includes HVAC, electrical, plumbing, swimming pools, outdoor and indoor fountains, sump pumps, generators, security and monitoring, building and parking access and automated doors, fire alarm and sprinkler, irrigation, elevators, trash compaction, as well as clubhouse television, audio, and exercise equipment.
- Solicit bids, negotiate contract terms, and oversee projects and repairs
- Schedule and coordinate testing and inspections for life safety systems and equipment including fire alarm, wet and dry fire sprinkler, fire extinguishers and emergency lighting.
- Oversee all aspects of pool management, including seasonal opening/closing, scheduling of staff and daily inspections to ensure Health Department Inspection readiness.
- Recruitment, employment, direct supervision and scheduling of staff.
- Educate all staff to ensure implementation of proper company policies and procedures
- Conduct facility inspections monitoring facility safety and cleanliness
- Bachelor's Degree in Business, Communications or related field
- 8 + years of property management business experience
- Demonstrated business and financial acumen
- Experience with developing and maintaining client and employee relationships
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent work processing, mathematics and computer skills required
- Commitment to obtain CPM, PCAM, ARM or AMS designations or equivalent
*Essential Requirements *
- Experience in leading, developing, and coaching teams, preferably within a business or customer service setting.
- Proven ability to develop relationships based on respect, trust and effective communication.
- Provide strategic direction and oversight to the management team.
- Ensure relentless focus on delivering exceptional results in line with FirstService standards and advance the culture of operational excellence.
- As a leader, you're enriched by motivating associates and developing strategies for proactive management solutions.
- You must have strong people and presentation skills and excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- You will need to be flexible with your schedule. Your work hours will be based on business needs.
- Bachelor's degree (B.A. or B.S.) in Business or related field from a four yearcollege or university, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 5-7 years of business experience, preferably in real estate, asset management, financial management
- Community Association Management experience a plus
- CMCA designation preferred
- Proficient level of computer skills including Microsoft Office Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and use of graphics.
- Proven experience handling multiple projects simultaneously, and working in an environment, which requires flexibility, innovation, superb customer service skills, and organization
- Experience delivering effective presentations and training material to a variety of audiences
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret technical procedures, leases, regulations or documents with a similar degree of complexity.
- Demonstrated and proven problem solving and decision makingskills
- Ability to travel approximately 25%.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled