Arctic Glacier Seasonal - Driver - Hicksville, NY in Hicksville, New York
Seasonal - Driver - Hicksville, NY
Hicksville, NY, USA Req #62
If you are interested in a career in transportation with a growing, forward looking leader--consider applying with Arctic Glacier today.
Arctic Glacier's a leading manufacturer/distributor of premium quality packaged ice products. We're the largest producer of packaged ice in Canada and are one of the largest producers in the United States. We sell & service over 75,000 retail, commercial and industrial customer locations. From our North American headquarters in New Jersey, we provide direction to facilities operating in nineteen US states and six Canadian provinces.
What We Value
Our people are our greatest asset. By supporting their ability to work effectively together and providing them with the tools they need to succeed, we are ensuring that Arctic Glacier Premium Ice is the kind of company where talented people of all backgrounds want to work.
Reporting to the Distribution Manager, the Driver is responsible for the safe and efficient delivery of ice as well as the sale of ice and related products. In addition. the Driver is responsible for balancing inventories and providing exceptional customer service.
* Responsible for the delivery and sales of ice and related products in a timely manner.
* Reconciles inventories of product quantities sold.
* Delivers exceptional customer service to all Arctic Glacier's customers.
* Operates all delivery vehicles in a safe and responsible manner at all times.
* Ensures cleanliness of delivery vehicle (interior and exterior).
* Ensures accurate count of cash collected from deliveries.
* Accountable for executing hands on activities with excellence, including but not limited to managing product placement in merchandisers, managing inventory movement, and tidying up merchandisers as required.
As part of our Customer-facing Distribution Team, you'll be driving one of our late-model Delivery vehicles, meeting new people, and providing an amazing customer experience through your delivery service & support. We offer competitive rates of pay in all markets, and our delivery drivers return home each night to their families.
Skills Requirements and Competencies:
* Minimum 1-year experience working in a distribution environment is considered an asset.
* Must hold and maintain a valid Driver's License.
* CDL-A or CDL-B license considered an asset.
* Familiarity with DOT regulations required.
* Physically capable to carry, push and pull up to 50 lbs.
* Ability to operate heavy equipment.
* Ability to work in a face-paced environment.
* Basic math and cash handling skills.
* Excellent communication both written and verbal.
* Superior customer service skill.
* Must be available to work evenings, weekends, and holidays.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those considered for an interview will be contacted.
Arctic Glacier is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Arctic does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided based on qualifications, merit, and business needs.