National Grid Senior Representative, Field Safety in Hicksville, New York
Every day we deliver safe and secure energy to homes, communities, and businesses. We are there when people need us the most. We connect people to the energy they need for the lives they live. The pace of change in society and our industry is accelerating and our expertise and track record puts us in an unparalleled position to shape the sustainable future of our industry.
To be successful we must anticipate the needs of our customers, reducing the cost of energy delivery today and pioneering the flexible energy systems of tomorrow. This requires us to deliver on our promises and always look for new opportunities to grow, both ourselves and our business.
National Grid is hiring a Senior Repr esentative, Field Safety in Hicksville, NY.
The successful candidate will function as the ultimate safety champion by assisting local leadership teams in the ongoing development and implementation of incident prevention and regulatory compliance activities specific to National Grid employees, contractors and the general public.
Safety Representatives will conduct routine jobsite visits to gain an in-depth understanding of the cultural issues that are having a negative impact on behaviors and use that information as they coach local leadership teams and committees in their accident prevention, and regulatory compliance initiatives.
- Develop strong supporting relationships with local leadership teams (management and union) to become a relied upon subject matter expert for safety policies, safety action plans, regulatory interpretations, and accident prevention programs/techniques.
- Conduct ongoing cultural assessments based on job site visits and other interactions with NG employees and use those assessments/insights when coaching local leadership teams in incident prevention techniques
- Respond to and help resolve safety related issues from the field organizations.
- Promote, develop, and implement safety leadership sessions as directed by local leadership teams.
- Develop and/or conduct formal safety training, presentations or seminars as required by local leadership teams.
- Actively support the SHE organization by participating in Corporate Safety, SHEPEX , Environmental and Process Safety initiatives as directed.
- Actively participate in all assigned safety committee and operations staff meetings by conducting presentations on critical topics such as:
- Current injury trends
- Industry best practices/trends
- Safety Leadership information
- Safety Culture information
- ESD and Compliance findings
- Seasonal hazards
- Regulatory changes
- SHEA Department updates
- Participate in the Incident Analysis process as assigned (e.g. team member, analysis review/comment etc.)
- Conduct routine analysis of incident trends and develop recommendations specific to local leadership teams for their consideration and possible inclusion in local safety plans.
- Act as the point of contact for regulatory agencies (e.g. OSHA, NIOSH etc.) to ensure accurate assessments, postings and resolutions.
Supervisory/Interpersonal- Experience Required
* Bachelor’s degree in safety management or related science/engineering degree or related professional industry experience
* 5+ years of experience in electric and/or gas operations or related industry
* Basic understanding of federal, state and local safety and health laws and regulations and a specialized technical knowledge of electric and/or gas operations
National Grid is an equal opportunity employer that values a broad diversity of talent, knowledge, experience and expertise. We foster a culture of inclusion that drives employee engagement to deliver superior performanc e to the communities we serve. National Grid is proud to be an affirmative action employer. We encourage minorities, women, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans to join the National Grid team.