A. Zimmerman & Sons Inc. Farmworker and Laborers in Highland, New York
5 Fulltime H-2A Seasonal Jobs available 8/14/2019-11/15/2019.
Manually plant, cultivate, and harvest fruits such as apples and pears. Use hand tools such as shovels, trowels, hoes, tampers, pruning hooks, shears, and knives. Duties include tilling soil and applying fertilizers; transplanting, weeding, thinning, or pruning crops. Construct trellises, repair fences and farm buildings. Set up and operate irrigation equipment. Operate tractors, tractor-drawn machinery, and self-propelled machinery to plow, harrow, and fertilize soil, or to plant, cultivate, spray, and harvest crops.
Workers must be physically able to pick tree fruit, most of which is done from ladders, with lower branches being picked from the ground. Picked fruit is placed in a metal-framed canvas covered picking bucket with canvas straps that slip over the head and rest on the shoulders.
* Must have a minimum of three months verifiable experience in performing the tasks described.
* Due to safety concerns on a farm, workers must understand basic instructions in English.
* Employer will train
* Exposure to extreme temperatures
* Lifting requirement of 75 lbs.
* Repetitive movements, extensive walking and frequent stooping.
Entire job duty description (ETA 790 and Spanish translation) should be reviewed and provided to qualified applicants from the NYSDOL website at http://labor.ny.gov/careerservices/h2a_orders.shtm.