YMCA of Greater Rochester Arts & Crafts Specialist in Hilton, New York
Arts & Crafts Specialist
Hilton, NY (http://maps.google.com/maps?q=249+North+Greece+Rd.+Hilton+NY+14468) • Camp Northpoint
$15.25/hr. to $15.75/hr. and a Free YMCA Membership
Under the general direction of the Camp Director, the Specialist is responsible for planning and implementing the daily program as it relates to the designated special activities. This position is responsible engaging children in healthy, safe, and fun environment. The position is responsible for demonstrating YMCA leadership competencies to ensure the mission, purpose, image and core values of the YMCA of Greater Rochester are conveyed.
• Plan, develop, and implement activities in designated area.
• With the assistance of the Director, prepare a list of supplies and materials needed for the camp season.
• Maintain respective program areas and materials
• Observe and promote safety and security procedures.
• Develop and maintain positive relationships with participants, parents and volunteers
• Create a climate that will foster the goals and objectives of the YMCA of Greater Rochester.
• Keeps accurate, detailed records of incident reports and other necessary documentation.
• Responds to emergencies appropriately in accordance to his/her level of training and circumstances.
• Maintain all required certifications.
• Attend all required trainings, meetings, and other designated YMCA events.
• All other duties as assigned.
• Ability to supervise children by sight and sound at all times.
• Ability to move quickly to react to safety issues in the setting (i.e. climbing, aggressive behavior).
• Ability to remain calm, objective and respectful in potentially stressful situations (i.e. crying upset child, upset parent, or upset staff).
• Ability to move around the program space to assist children and supervise children with daily activities, social interaction, physical and emotional needs.
• Ability to lift up to 40 lbs.
• Ability to work in all elements (i.e. outside in all weather)
• Ability to move from program site to branch or site to site, and is required to enter all YMCA environments including, program space, buses, schools, pools, and program area.
• Be at least 18 years of age and possess a high school diploma or GED.
• Must have two years of college or equivalent work experience in the specific program area.
• Have one year experience working with children under 13 years of age, preferably in an organized setting.
• Bring to this position maturity, responsibility, and a sincere interest in working with people.
• Have strong interpersonal, communication, and organization skills.
• Possess knowledge of age appropriate activities and expectations of children ages 5-12.
• Must possess CPR/AED and First Aid certifications.
The YMCA of Greater Rochester provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
$15.25 to $15.75 per hour