onsemi Facilities Building Fire Systems Maintenance Technician - Days, M-F in Hopewell Junction, New York
onsemi located in East Fishkill, NY is seeking Facilities Fire System Technicians- to work the day shift, 5X8
Summary of Role:
ONSEMI is looking for skilled Fire Systems Technicians to work in the facilities organization. This technician will be responsible for proper system operation, preventive and corrective maintenance tasks, and schedules, and responding to and troubleshooting system alarms and controls of all of the site fire monitoring and prevention systems. Primary work activities will be related to system and equipment maintenance, with some tasks related to control system programming and alarm response. Technicians must be able to work in a team environment with a focus on customer satisfaction. Strong communication skills and schedule flexibility are important as weekend coverage may be required.
· Position is for Day Shift 5x2 schedule, with periodic weekend coverage, overtime may be required at times and emergency call-ins are a possibility.
· Perform preventive maintenance activities and visual inspection tours, documenting performance metrics on state-of-the-art 300mm semiconductor equipment.
· React to error messages on building and site systems and/or equipment, recover from process and tool interruptions.
· The ability to operate and provide Reliability Centered Maintenance to a wide variety of mechanical and environmental systems and equipment.
· The ability to recognize and respond to system and equipment malfunctions on a solo basis.
· Utilize computers to document and communicate system status for all site operation systems, including shift logs to collaborate across all shifts.
· Interact with customers such as Engineering, Maintenance, and Manufacturing.
· Work in noisy areas and the ability to handle chemicals / chemical handling equipment safely is required. Working outside in all seasons part of the time.
· Good communication and interpersonal skills are required. Strong team member, able to work well with a global team, new team members as needed based on assignment, while able to prioritize and handle multiple tasks simultaneously in an effective manner.
· Able to operate computer and system interface programs to ensure appropriate computing and analysis of statistical data:
· Able to follow detailed instructions and procedures, read facilities building and sub-system prints to complete tasks and required documentation.
· Effectively demonstrate solid work performance in an environment requiring high level of attention to detail and timeliness.
· Perform all activities in a safe and responsible manner, supporting all Environmental, Health, Safety & Security requirements and programs.
onsemi (Nasdaq: ON) is driving disruptive innovations to help build a better future. With a focus on automotive and industrial end-markets, the company is accelerating change in megatrends such as vehicle electrification and safety, sustainable energy grids, industrial automation, and 5G and cloud infrastructure. With a highly differentiated and innovative product portfolio, onsemi creates intelligent power and sensing technologies that solve the world’s most complex challenges and leads the way in creating a safer, cleaner, and smarter world.
More details about our company benefits can be found here:
We are committed to sourcing, attracting, and hiring high-performance innovators, while providing all candidates a positive recruitment experience that builds our brand as a great place to work.
onsemi is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. The Company maintains policies and practices that are designed to prevent discrimination or harassment against any qualified applicant or employee to the extent prohibited by federal, state and local laws and regulations. By way of example, discrimination on the basis of race (actual or perceived), ethnicity, color, religion, ancestry, national origin, citizenship, sex, age, marital status, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, military or veteran status, gender identity, gender expression, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law is prohibited.
If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact Talent.email@example.com for assistance.
- onsemi Jobs