Citizens Options Unlimited Health Center Assistant Camp Loyaltown Hunter, NY 40hrs flex June- August in Hunter, New York
Hunter, NY, USA
Health Center Assistant Camp Loyaltown 40 hrs flex, June-August
For more than 40 years, Camp Loyaltown has helped campers discover independence while experiencing the joys of friendship, fun and personal achievement free from challenges they face daily. Camp Loyaltown is a program of Citizens Options Unlimited, a leading provider of services for people with intellectual and developmental disabilities.
- High School or General Equivalency Diploma
- A valid /unrestricted Driver’s License and completion of agency defensive driving course
Primary duties and responsibilities include but not limited to:
The Health Center Assistant works in the Health Center at camp during the summer camp sessions. The responsibilities include completing tasks delegated by the Nurse’s, answering phones, clerical tasks/documentation and helping to keep the Health Center clean, organized and safe.
- Update Urgent Care and Emergency Room visits with reason for sending and returning Diagnosis into a log book
- Check emails and telephone messages 3 times a day
- Clean and disinfect rooms
- Checking Local AEDs and refrigerator temperatures
- Sign in packages to Health Center
- Restock and organize stock on Tuesdays and Saturdays
- Organize accident reports daily for Quality Assurance person to pick up
- Make charts with applications and Medical Packets for upcoming sessions
- Make parent questionnaire with campers photo
- Make arrangements at local Doctor’s office camper or counselor’s condition requires an office visit
- Make arrangements for pharmacy pick up if a camper or counselor requires medication
- Follows DOH regulations; agency policies and procedures the employee handbook, and agency and program training requirements
- Reports to the Justice Center as a mandated reporter if there is reasonable cause to suspect abuse or neglect. Additionally, must follow all agency incident policy and procedures
- Reports and documents any events/activities that may hinder the health, safety and well-being of the people that attend camp (i.e., allegations of abuse, injuries, broken equipment, etc.).
- Arrives to work by the start of scheduled shift and adheres to agency policy and procedure concerning call offs.
- Practices and promotes the agencies mission statements in every interaction
- Additional tasks as requested by your supervisor.
Posted: March 3, 2020