Citizens Options Unlimited Respite Counselor-Camp Loyaltown Per Diem as needed in Hunter, New York
Hunter, NY, USA
Per diem as needed
Camp Loyaltown is our residential summer camp and off season respite for children and adults with intellectual developmental disabilities. Respite is a three (3) to four (4) day/ overnight stay that departs from an AHRC Nassau/Citizens Options Unlimited Inc. location.
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Prior experience supporting people with developmental disabilities preferred
- Valid NYS driver's license that is also qualified in accordance with agency’s insurance standards is required
- Completion and maintenance of yearly CPR and SCIP status
- Ability to communicate and understand written and oral directives/information and an excellent team player with positive attitude are required.
Primary duties and responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Responsible for the supervision, care and safety of their assigned person at all times throughout the persons respite stay
- Requires living alongside other people