Eileen Fisher Senior Benefits Specialist in Irvington, New York
EILEEN FISHER creates simple, sustainable, timeless clothes designed to work together as a system. We make our clothes with intention, supporting people to build their wardrobe meaningfully each season. And we make our clothes to last—and then take them back through our Renew team to be reworn and loved again, or through our Waste No More team, to be remade into entirely new felted designs. We believe in the fundamental potential of every person—our employees, our customers and those who make our clothes—and are committed to cultivating conditions that empower people. It’s all part of our commitment to doing business in a way that helps build a better industry. And a better future. EILEEN FISHER is one of the largest women’s fashion companies to be a certified B Corporation, which means we voluntarily meet high criteria for social and environmental performance, accountability, and transparency.
As a founder led Company, our values are deeply embedded in and shape our culture. Our values are a shared responsibility embodied in every position and are intended to be woven into all that we do; how we approach our work and how we interact with one another. Our values support our commitment to Diversity, Equity + Inclusion, and our commitment to Sustainability guides us to protect our limited natural resources, fight climate change, support human rights and social impact, and inspire the fashion industry to embrace circularity.
• We are authentic• We thrive in connection• We trust each other• We innovate through creativity• We are committed to the health of the whole• We are united by purpose
This is a hybrid role in Irvington, NY
The Benefits Manager administrates all employee benefit programs and is the point of contact for employees to assist them with understanding, enrolling, and utilizing the variety of benefit plans offered. This role will collaborate with key partners to strategize on benefit offerings and apply a continuous improvement philosophy to enhance administrative processes, reduce costs and increase efficiencies of all benefit/leave programs.
Day to day administration for benefits programs (medical, dental, short & long-term disability, life insurance, flexible spending & HSA accounts, qualified transit program, 401(k) and ESOP) including processing:
• monthly invoices and conduct billing audits.• funding for 401(k), FSA, HSA & Commuter Benefit Plans• employee enrollments, changes & terminations• COBRA notifications, enrollments, changes & terminations• related financial reports
Manage and administrate EILEEN FISHER’s leaves of absence program
• function as subject matter expert and keep informed of applicable federal, state & local leave and related sick pay laws • integrate state leave laws and internal leave programs• manage the leave administration process from employee’s initial notice through return to work • track & maintain complete & accurate records of leaves & related information• coordinate with Leaders/P+C Partners/Payroll on leave statuses, updates, work restrictions and return to work plans
Point of contact for benefits/leave related inquiries
• respond timely to employee questions or requests for information • take action to resolve routine claim & benefit issues• develop strong working relationships with key vendors and consultants
Manage annual Open Enrollment rollout
• prepare employee communications• update open enrollment/annual benefits guide, related forms & documents• coordinate and hold related events/employee meetings • audit data• implementation of new benefit carriers,
Responsible for benefits related compliance reporting & requirements
• financial & benefit plan audits, 5500s, tax filings, discrimination testing, etc.• required employee mailings• staying abreast of applicable legal requirements & related tax regulations to ensure benefits compliance
Participate in annual benefit renewal meetings and contribute to the planning & development of benefit programs.
Assist in the preparation of the annual benefits budget; track benefits program spending throughout the year for analysis & planning.
Assist and coordinate on-site wellness & benefit seminars, activities, and events
Participate with People & Culture team on special projects & initiatives and other duties as assigned.
PERFORMS OTHER RELATED DUTIES AND ASSIGNMENTS AS REQUIRED.
Required SkillsRequired Experience
5+ years’ experience with benefits & leaves administration
Technical knowledge of applicable federal & state laws pertaining to benefits including HIPAA, COBRA, FMLA, PFL, ADA, ERISA, ACA, etc.
Ability to handle multiple projects/tasks and prioritize work
Ability to collaborate & work independently as required
Strong verbal & written communications
Ability to explain complex details in a straightforward, concise manner
Attention to detail & organization
Maintain confidentiality and sensitive information
Strong customer service skills
ADP Workforce Now a plus
Bi-lingual Spanish a plus
Microsoft office 365/SharePoint (Excel, PowerPoint, Word)
The hiring salary range for this role is $80- $95k/yr. dependent upon experience and qualifications. In addition, we offer competitive benefits including a generous clothing allowance and a wellness reimbursement program.
EILEEN FISHER, Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training, and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status.