Cornell University Temporary Sales Assistants - Cornell Retail Services in Ithaca, New York
A dynamic hub of the Cornell University campus and a recognized leader in collegiate retailing innovation, the Cornell Store serves students, faculty, staff, alumni and visitors through its 22,000 sq. ft. main store, online store, and satellite locations, producing $25 million in annual sales and consistently achieving outstanding operational benchmarks,. The Store strives to deliver legendary customer service, provide a rewarding work experience, and produce excellent financial results.
The Cornell Store is currently hiring for multiple temporary full-time (39 hours per week or less) Sales Assistant positions to work in support of their Ithaca Main Campus retail operation. These temporary full-time positions will include mandatory weekend hours and extended hours based on business needs. This position will begin on August 9, 2019 through September 6, 2019, with the possibility to extend up to 2 months depending on business needs.
Our temporary full-time Sales Assistants will support our retail managers and area supervisors in the daily operations of a high-volume, multi-channel retail operation.
The overall duties may include:
* Sales and Service - Greeting and welcoming customers and guests, demonstrating active selling , providing product information and guidance, and ensuring a high-quality customer service experience
* Visual Merchandising Assisting in maintaining the appearance of the sales floor, setting up seasonal promotions/visual displays, and regularly monitor assigned areas for product restocking and recovery
* Point of Sale Support - Operate cash registers, assist customers with check-out, and execute appropriate cash handling procedures
* Inventory Support Receive and process incoming merchandise and assist with special orders and store-to-store shipping requests
* A high school diploma is required. College coursework, Associates degree or other formal training preferred.
* Strong customer service skills and moderate computer/systems competency.
* Demonstrated experience in being a team player, ability to juggle multiple priorities, and working in a fast-paced environment.
* Excellent oral and written communication skills.
* Ability to occasionally climb ladders and lift and/or move 25-50 pounds as needed.
* Additional work experience or educational background in business management, hospitality, fashion/design, and or other related fields
* Prior retail sales experience or cash-handling experience strongly preferred
-39 hours per week or less (weekends and extended hours are required for this position, schedules are based on availability, business needs, and work performance)
-From August 9, 2019 - September 6, 2019, with the possibility to extend up to 2 months depending on business needs.
UNIVERSITY JOB TITLE:Temp Serv Sales
LEVEL:No Grade - Hourly
PAY RATE TYPE:Hourly
CONTACT NAME:Rosana Ng Chang
NUMBER OF OPENINGS:30
If you currently work at Cornell University, please exit this website and log in to Workday using your Net ID and password. Select the Career icon on your HOME dashboard to view jobs at Cornell.
ONLINE SUBMISSION GUIDELINES:
Most positions at Cornell will require you to apply online and submit both a resume/CV and cover letter. You can upload documents either by dragging and dropping them into the dropbox or by using the upload icon on the application page. For more detailed instructions on how to apply to a job at Cornell, visit How We Hire on the HR website.
If you require an accommodation for a disability in order to complete an employment application or to participate in the recruiting process, you are encouraged to contact Cornell University's Office of Workforce Policy and Labor Relations at voice (607) 255-6866, fax (607) 255-0298, or email at .
Applicants that do not have internet access are encouraged to visit your local library, or local Department of Labor. You may also visit the office of Workforce Recruitment and Retention Monday - Friday between the hours of 8:30 a.m. 4:30 p.m. to use a dedicated workstation to complete an online application.
NOTICE TO APPLICANTS:
Please read the required Notice to Applicants statement by CLICKING HERE. This notice contains important information about applying for a position at Cornell as well as some of your rights and responsibilities as an applicant.
Diversity and Inclusion are a part of Cornell University s heritage. We are a recognized employer and educator valuing AA/EEO, Protected Veterans and Individuals with Disabilities. Cornell University is an innovative Ivy League university and a great place to work. Our inclusive community of scholars, students, and staff impart an uncommon sense of larger purpose, and contribute creative ideas to further the university's mission of teaching, discovery, and engagement.
Employer's Job# WDR-00019894
Please visit job URL for more information about this opening and to view EOE statement.