Cleaning Technologies Group Junior Builder in Jamestown, New York
Job Title: Junior Builder Department: Manufacturing Reports To: Director of Manufacturing Exemption Classification: Hourly Non-Exempt Pay Range: $18.41-$23.60/hour
MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS to PERFORM DUTIES
What is expected of me? - Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Follow the agreed practices as defined in the quality management system.
Work within the scope of your responsibilities.
Check your work to verify its accuracy in meeting the objectives.
Know how you contribute to the achievement of the objectives.
To work directly with a Lead Master Builder in the building and fabricating of industrial aqueous cleaning machines.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Layout jobs for construction by reading blueprints, cutting and assembling steel parts, welding pipe /sheet metal fabricating.
• Operate certain types of equipment necessary to complete the manufacturing of our machines i.e. welder, drill press, hand drill, grinder, sander handheld abrasive saws, stationary abrasive saws, band saw, shear, plasma cutter, oxygen & cutting torch, crane, fork truck, sump pump, rolls, and a variety of hand tools.
• Assist other workers to perform their duties if needed.
• Maintain quality checks on job and report any unsafe or quality problem to management.
• Other functions as directed.
None. May assist in training of temporary/new employees
Education and/or Experience:
High School Diploma, and/or Equivalent. 3 to 5 years blueprint and fabrication experience preferred.
Communicate verbally and/or in writing with other employees, other departments and supervision as to work in progress, problems and/or completion.
Be able to add, subtract, multiply and divide basic numbers.
Be able to identify work process problems and possible solutions
Stand for prolonged periods of time on concrete floor. Will be required to kneel, squat, stoop, recline, climb, crawl, and/or bend on an as needed basis. Must be able to adjust visual focus. Must be able to lift up to 70 lbs. unassisted, over 70 lbs with assistance of a lifting device.
Traditional shop atmosphere. Subject to temperature variance based on season. Loud noise level. May be exposed to various fumes or smells based on job.
Required to wear and/or use safety equipment/ devices based on position. Must be able to work O.T. on an extended basis up to 50-60 /wk total. 2nd. shift and/or 3rd. assignments may be required.