EY Financial Services - Business Transformation- Capital Markets - Senior in Jericho, New York
At EY, you’ll have the chance to build a career as unique as you are, with the global scale, support, inclusive culture and technology to become the best version of you. And we’re counting on your unique voice and perspective to help EY become even better, too. Join us and build an exceptional experience for yourself, and a better working world for all.
FINANCIAL SERVICES - BUSINESS TRANSFORMATION- CAPITAL MARKETS – SENIOR - NEW JERSEY, NEW YORK, NORTH CAROLINA,
EY is the only professional services firm with a separate business unit (“FSO”) that is dedicated to the financial services marketplace. Our FSO teams have been at the forefront of every event that has reshaped and redefined the financial services industry. If you have a passion for rallying together to solve the most complex challenges in the financial services industry, come join our dynamic FSO team!
The Capital Markets team assists clients to industrialize the front, middle and back office operations in order to improve effectiveness, enhance the customer experience, achieve scale and reduce cost, encompassing the business and enterprise functions involved in sales delivery/trading, origination, fulfillment, servicing, collateral (financial and non-financial) and (payments, clearing and settlement).
Your key responsibilities
You’ll be responsible for managing client engagement teams at an executive level within the practice and the firm. You can expect to work with high performing teams to analyze, evaluate and enhance information systems facilitating the capital markets business.
Skills and attributes for success
You will spend most of your time leading and executing all phases of the operational; life cycle to meet client deliverables. We also value a clear understanding of functional technology tools and components to reasonably argue for and against all components in financial systems.
To qualify for the role you must have
• Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, Economics, or Business – Masters, MBA is preferred (foreign degree acceptable); 3+ years of relevant experience in working at a financial services company or comparable experience working as an advisor to a financial services industry and must have at least 1 recent year of experience in Capital Markets
• Must have proven experience in managing small, medium and large-sized operations and functional technology change initiatives with “brand name” consulting firms or internal consulting organizations at leading corporations.
• Experience in program management in enterprise/operations transformation projects and programs. Experience includes strong communications, facilitation and presentation skills with senior stakeholders within an organization; staff a team with the appropriate skill set, provide subject matter direction and guidance, and own the delivery of an engagement work stream). .
• Must have knowledge of a range of financial products including derivatives, equities, and fixed income, foreign exchange, and commodities
• Must have knowledge of industries including investment banking, broker-dealers, custody, fund administration and insurance
• You will likely spend a significant amount of time onsite with our clients. As such, you must have the ability to travel. This travel can be as much as 80% to 100% of a work week. Travel may be
international. You must have a driver’s license as many clients are not within range of public transportation.
Ideally, you’ll also have
• Own mid-level relationships with clients and interact with clients up to the C-suite level. Understand the needs of clients and develop new service offerings to meet their needs. Provide advice on defining / designing operations and other functional strategies, process framework guidelines, target operating models, improving business processes and supporting business integration.
• Assess policies, procedures, governance, design and operations in relevant areas such as trade lifecycle, front office structure, broker-dealer operations, clearance/settlement, client onboarding, treasury operations, collateral management and regulatory regimes.
What we look for
We are looking for passionate leaders with strong vision to lend subject matter expertise to improve Capital Market processes. If you have a genuine desire to help businesses achieve their full potential, this role is for you
What we offer
We offer a competitive compensation package where you’ll be rewarded based on your performance and recognized for the value you bring to our business. In addition, our Total Rewards package includes medical and dental coverage, pension and 401(k) plans, and a wide range of paid time off options. Under our flexible vacation policy, you’ll decide how much vacation time you need based on your own personal circumstances. You’ll also be granted time off for designated EY Paid Holidays, Winter/Summer breaks, Personal/Family Care, and other leaves of absence when needed to support your physical, financial, and emotional well-being.
• Continuous learning: You’ll develop the mindset and skills to navigate whatever comes next.
• Success as defined by you: We’ll provide the tools and flexibility, so you can make a meaningful impact, your way.
• Transformative leadership: We’ll give you the insights, coaching and confidence to be the leader the world needs.
• Diverse and inclusive culture: You’ll be embraced for who you are and empowered to use your voice to help others find theirs.
If you can demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
The exceptional EY experience. It’s yours to build.
EY | Building a better working world
EY exists to build a better working world, helping to create long-term value for clients, people and society and build trust in the capital markets.
Enabled by data and technology, diverse EY teams in over 150 countries provide trust through assurance and help clients grow, transform and operate.
Working across assurance, consulting, law, strategy, tax and transactions, EY teams ask better questions to find new answers for the complex issues facing our world today.
EY is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer providing equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.
- EY Jobs