EY Financial Services Risk Management - Enterprise Controls Transformation - Staff 2 in Jericho, New York
At EY, you’ll have the chance to build a career as unique as you are, with the global scale, support, inclusive culture and technology to become the best version of you. And we’re counting on your unique voice and perspective to help EY become even better, too. Join us and build an exceptional experience for yourself, and a better working world for all.
EY is the only professional services firm with a separate business unit (“FSO”) that is dedicated to the financial services marketplace. Our FSO teams have been at the forefront of every event that has reshaped and redefined the financial services industry. If you have a passion for rallying together to solve the most complex challenges in the financial services industry, come join our dynamic FSO team!
Focus on helping domestic and global institutions with issues of risk governance (i.e., including Board and management oversight, risk culture, risk appetite and limit setting across the three lines of defense) as well as control design, effectiveness and optimization across first and second order risks, in support of our client’s business strategies. Managers can expect to work in a leading-edge environment surrounded by some of the most engaging and knowledgeable colleagues in the business who have deep risk management, regulatory, governance and monitoring experience.
Your key responsibilities
Building relationships is the key. You will be a high-profile contact when it comes to motivating client engagement teams with diverse skills and backgrounds by fostering an innovative and inclusive team-orientated work environment. As you build knowledge and experience, you’ll become a credible advisor to junior consultants within the organization as well as the clients.
Skills and attributes for success
· Contributing to large-scale client engagements while consistently delivering quality client services within expected time frames and within budget
· Leading and motivating teams with diverse skills and backgrounds to foster innovation and an inclusive, team-oriented work environment
· Contributing to the generation of new business opportunities for enterprise risk to develop long-term client relationships, understand the changing business and regulatory environment and actively assessing/presenting ways to serve clients
· Ability to develop client proposals, project approach, work plans, resource estimates and cost estimates on client opportunities and pursuits
To qualify for the role you must have
· Bachelor's degree and at least 1 year of related experience; or a graduate degree and at least 1 year of related experience
· Degree in business, finance, accounting, computer science, engineering, or a related field
· Direct experience with banking and capital markets, asset management or insurance industries, with a specific focus on enterprise risk management, topics of risk governance and an understanding of the risk management life cycle
· Direct experience with and working knowledge of Front Office sales and trading control environment, including controls design, trade surveillance and sales practices/market abuse/conduct risk monitoring.
· Knowledge of a range of financial products (derivatives, equities, fixed income, etc.)
· Experience in financial assurance on banks or capital markets services, including analysis on accounting and regulatory policies applied in financial statements and regulatory reporting
· Knowledge of trade life cycle, key controls and reconciliations, starting from transaction capture to aggregation/consolidation to financial and regulatory reporting
· Regulatory knowledge and industry insight that can be applied to serve clients within the context of enterprise risk. This includes direct knowledge of key regulations, including the Enhanced Prudential Standards, Heightened Standards, Dodd-Frank and the resulting implications to enterprise risk governance requirements
· Experience developing and maintaining a risk management control framework and/or performing internal control reviews
Ideally, you’ll also have
· Prior consulting experience with a Big 4 firm or large global financial institution
· One or more of the following certifications: CFA, CPA, FRM or APRM
What we look for
We are interested in finance professionals with an in-depth understanding of, and willingness to become proficient in, our standard tools and practices. You should be interested in making a difference, and ready to think creatively, challenge the status quo and speak up to make it happen. If you’re looking for a place to take initiative along with the support of some of the most knowledgeable colleagues in the business, this role is for you.
What we offer
We offer a competitive compensation package where you’ll be rewarded based on your performance and recognized for the value you bring to our business. In addition, our Total Rewards package includes medical and dental coverage, pension and 401(k) plans, and a wide range of paid time off options. Under our flexible vacation policy, you’ll decide how much vacation time you need based on your own personal circumstances. You’ll also be granted time off for designated EY Paid Holidays, Winter/Summer breaks, Personal/Family Care, and other leaves of absence when needed to support your physical, financial, and emotional well-being.
• Continuous learning: You’ll develop the mindset and skills to navigate whatever comes next.
• Success as defined by you: We’ll provide the tools and flexibility, so you can make a meaningful impact, your way.
• Transformative leadership: We’ll give you the insights, coaching and confidence to be the leader the world needs.
• Diverse and inclusive culture: You’ll be embraced for who you are and empowered to use your voice to help others find theirs.
If you can demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
The exceptional EY experience. It’s yours to build.
EY | Building a better working world
EY exists to build a better working world, helping to create long-term value for clients, people and society and build trust in the capital markets.
Enabled by data and technology, diverse EY teams in over 150 countries provide trust through assurance and help clients grow, transform and operate.
Working across assurance, consulting, law, strategy, tax and transactions, EY teams ask better questions to find new answers for the complex issues facing our world today.
EY is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer providing equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.
- EY Jobs