The Bristal Assisted Living Prep Cook in Jericho, New York
At the present time we are looking for talented, creative and experienced Prep Cooks to work in the Food Services area of a very busy and fast paced kitchen within our beautiful and luxurious Assisted Living Community.
In this role you will assist with the preparation, seasoning and cooking of meals for Residents and employees as directed by Food Service Director or the sous chef. You will also work as a line cook and assist with other kitchen maintenance tasks as needed to ensure the foodservice area is clean and running smoothly at all times.
Additional responsibilities include:
- Helping to prepare food for the next meal service to include chopping, measuring and mixing ingredients according to established recipes
- Ensure all procedures are conducted following required Health Department and Company regulations
- Check all food temperatures prior to meal service
- Garnish all plates before they leave the kitchen area
- Assist with other kitchen functions as necessary to include, dishwasher, utilities, line cook, prep cook
Part Time Schedule will likely require working one weekend day per week. This position would be covering the day shift.
The ideal person will have experience in a busy kitchen or food preparation area.
- Experience working in a restaurant, catering facility, hospital, hospitality, healthcare or similar food services related industry a plus
- Must be able to operate in a fast paced environment
- Ability to understand the English language and follow instructions with minimal supervision
- Proven ability to follow all rules, regulations, policies and sanitary standards set out by management
Location: Jericho, NY
Department: Food Service
Location Name: The Bristal at Jericho
Wage: Depends on Experience
Position Type: Casual - Fridays and Saturdays
Shift: All Shifts