EY USA - Consulting - Enterprise Risk - Intern - Summer 2022 in Jericho, New York
USA - Consulting - Enterprise Risk - Intern - Summer 2022
OH-Cleveland, GA-Atlanta, MD-Baltimore, MA-Boston, NC-Charlotte, IL-Chicago, TX-Dallas, MI-Detroit, PA-Pittsburgh, TX-Houston, CA-Irvine, CA-Los Angeles, VA-McLean, NJ-Iselin, MN-Minneapolis, NY-New York, NY-Jericho, OK-Oklahoma City, FL-Orlando, PA-Philadelphia, OR-Portland, NC-Raleigh, VA-Richmond, CA-San Francisco, CA-San Jose, WA-Seattle, MO-St. Louis, NY-Buffalo
At EY, you’ll have the chance to build a career as unique as you are, with the global scale, support, inclusive culture and technology to become the best version of you. And we’re counting on your unique voice and perspective to help EY become even better, too. Join us and build an exceptional experience for yourself, and a better working world for all.
Consulting – Consultant Development Program – Enterprise Risk Track – Intern
What if your career could have a lasting impact on you, and on the world?
Here at EY, you’ll have the chance to build a truly exceptional experience. We’ll empower you with the latest technology, surround you with high-performing teams, and provide the global scale and diverse and inclusive culture you need to discover your full potential. Through our coaching and training programs, you’ll develop the skillsets you need to stay relevant today and in the future – all while building a network of colleagues, mentors, and leaders who will be on the journey with you at EY and beyond.
The exceptional EY experience. It's yours to build.
The opportunity: your next adventure awaits
At EY Consulting, we are building a better working world by transforming businesses through the power of people, technology and innovation. Our clients are at the heart of what we do. We’re focused on solving the key issues of our client buyers, building deeper relationships and making a greater impact with long-term value. Enterprise Risk is dedicated to helping our clients identify, assess and manage financial, operational, compliance, IT and strategic risks across their enterprise to provide value to their business. As a part of the Enterprise Risk team, you will work hand-in-hand with senior team members to help clients manage their risks (and improve their organizational processes) through designing, establishing and maintaining an effective process, risk and control environment. As a trusted business advisor, EY assists our clients in assessing and responding to risks in both a consulting and assurance context. This dual perspective provides our consultants with an in-depth understanding of a company’s strategic priorities, business strategies, business and IT processes, operations, and corresponding risks and controls.
We focus on a variety of industries including but not limited to:
· Advanced Manufacturing & Mobility, Power & Utilities, Health Sciences & Wellness, Consumer, and Technology, Media & Entertainment, Telecommunications.
· Candidates can elect to join the Government & Public Sector (GPS) practice and will work exclusively with federal clients, as well as state and local agencies and higher education institutions.
· Candidates can elect to join the Financial Services Organization (FSO) and will focus exclusively in financial services; they will have opportunities to serve leading investment banks, retail and commercial banks, insurers and investment managers.
· Whether you choose to join GPS, FSO, or pursue a broader industry focus, you will gain foundational skills for a long career in our Consulting practice.
When you join our Consulting practice, you're a part of our Consultant Development Program. You'll be provided learning opportunities, technical competency training, and coaching to develop core consulting skills. While you'll be aligned to a specific track, this Program will enable differential experiences through varied account and engagement alignments.
Your key responsibilities
· Understanding and documenting clients’ business and IT strategies as well as processes, to identify gaps or issues with risk management and control design elements
· Helping our clients’ design and implement risk management and internal control strategies to mitigate strategic, financial, operational and compliance risks
· Designing and executing tests of controls to support client management’s assessment of their internal controls
· Performing internal audits over specified areas (e.g., strategy, operations, finance, IT) of client businesses and drafting observations for inclusion in reports of findings and recommendations on how to improve processes and better mitigate risk
· Evaluating and assessing client operations to identify potential issues, performing root cause analysis and providing recommendations for remediation
· Monitoring and managing project and task status, ensuring key stakeholders are kept informed about progress and expected outcomes
· Building lasting relationships with our clients and understanding their unique business model, ambitions and problems to allow EY to deliver reliable, tailored support as a trusted business advisor
· Having a strong focus on developing a reputation as a trusted resource in your area by continuously updating your understanding of current business and industry trends through learning and development opportunities
· Communicating professionally and effectively, both verbally and written, with supervisors, team members, and client contacts
· Being accountable for assigned tasks including conducting consistent self-review of work to identify and improve an approach for producing high quality deliverables
· Engaging with your supervisor to understand and address feedback on work products and incorporating guidance into future performance
· Self-managing and reporting time and expenses related to project activities and tasks on daily and weekly basis
· Drafting illustrations of business and IT processes using flow charts, narratives or other technologies
· Developing controls testing strategy and approach
· Testing internal controls by reviewing and documenting relevant evidence to conclude on the design and operational effectiveness of controls and the overall control environment
· Assisting with the following activities in support of internal audit projects: risk assessment(s), audit planning and scoping, execution and documentation of business processes and/or IT systems, and audit reporting
· Corresponding with client contacts and supervisors to understand key concepts, support and conclusions
· Drafting components of client deliverables such as audit reports, risks assessments, and quality assessments
What we look for
· You have an agile, growth-oriented mindset . What you know matters. But the right mindset is just as important in determining success. We’re looking for people who are innovative, can work in an agile way and keep pace with a rapidly changing world.
· You are curious and purpose driven . We’re looking for people who see opportunities instead of challenges, who ask better questions to seek better answers that build a better working world.
· You are inclusive. We’re looking for people who seek out and embrace diverse perspectives, who value differences, and team inclusively to build safety and trust.
· Qualifications .
A bachelor’s or master’s degree in Accounting or Accounting with an emphasis in Information Systems or Computer Science
Desire to work in the areas of risk management, internal controls and/or internal audit as demonstrated by relevant course work, interest or internship experience
The flexibility and willingness to travel as well as work in excess of standard hours when necessary
The understanding that travel is an essential function of the job, and may vary by location and can range between 40-60%
Proficiency with MS Office, including MS Excel, MS Word, MS PowerPoint, MS Teams, MS Outlook and MS Power Bi
Willingness and ability to learn and work both independently with minimal supervision and collaboratively within a team
Demonstrated project management, teaming, organizational, analytical and problem-solving skills
Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills
Demonstrated ability to develop relationships, both internally and with client stakeholders
Effective organization and time management skills with the ability to work under pressure and adhere to project deadlines
Integrity within a professional environment
A driver’s license valid in the U.S.
Candidates interested in the Government & Public Sector focus must have sole U.S. citizenship and be able to obtain and maintain a secret clearance or higher, within the designated time frame, which will be determined by the engagement requirements for a security clearance.
What’s in it for you
· Accelerate your technical capabilities and transformative leadership skills with future-focused courses and development programs.
· Broaden your horizons by working on highly integrated teams across the globe and collaborate with people of diverse backgrounds — both professionally and culturally.
· Bring out the best in yourself with continuous investment in your personal well-being and career development.
· Develop your own personal purpose and help us create a positive ripple effect on our teams, our business, clients and society – building a better working world, together.
· If you join EY full-time after your internship, we offer a competitive compensation package where you’ll be rewarded based on your performance and recognized for the value you bring to our business. In addition, our Total Rewards package includes medical and dental coverage, pension and 401(k) plans, and a wide range of paid time off options. Under our flexible vacation policy, you’ll decide how much vacation time you need based on your own personal circumstances. You’ll also be granted time off for designated EY Paid Holidays, Winter/Summer breaks, Personal/Family Care, and other leaves of absence when needed to support your physical, financial, and emotional well-being.
What you can expect
· Our approach to hiring utilizes several different formats throughout the course of the recruiting process.
· In addition to speaking with our recruiters and client-serving professionals, we also leverage game-based assessments to assess your non-technical skills and attributes in a quick and engaging experience. This includes your collaboration style and your abilities to work with information and the use of pre-recorded video interviews (PRVI). PRVI technology provides a great opportunity for you to share more about your qualifications and interests, as well as to ask more specifics about EY and the role for which you are interviewing. It also provides you with the flexibility and convenience of completing at a time and place that works best for your schedule.
· Additional interviews may be in the form of a live interview, either via video or in-person.
For applicants for jobs in our Denver office, EY complies with Colorado laws and regulations. Information can be foundhere (https://csgexternal.ey.com/2019/1904-3123308/colorado-undergraduate-compensation.pdf) .
What we offer
If you join EY full-time after your internship, we offer a competitive compensation package where you'll be rewarded based on your performance and recognized for the value you bring to our business. In addition, our Total Rewards package includes medical and dental coverage, pension and 401(k) plans, and a wide range of paid time off options. Under our flexible vacation policy, you'll decide how much vacation time you need based on your own personal circumstances. You'll also be granted time off for designated EY Paid Holidays, Winter/Summer breaks, Personal/Family Care, and other leaves of absence when needed to support your physical, financial, and emotional well-being.
Continuous learning: You'll develop the mindset and skills to navigate whatever comes next.
Success as defined by you: We'll provide the tools and flexibility, so you can make a meaningful impact, your way.
Transformative leadership: We'll give you the insights, coaching and confidence to be the leader the world needs.
Diverse and inclusive culture: You'll be embraced for who you are and empowered to use your voice to help others find theirs.
If you can demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
The exceptional EY experience. It's yours to build.
EY | Building a better working world
EY exists to build a better working world, helping to create long-term value for clients, people and society and build trust in the capital markets.
Enabled by data and technology, diverse EY teams in over 150 countries provide trust through assurance and help clients grow, transform and operate.
Working across assurance, consulting, law, strategy, tax and transactions, EY teams ask better questions to find new answers for the complex issues facing our world today.
EY is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer providing equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.
- EY Jobs